Your best idea so far this month?

Started by Eoghan Mag, February 07, 2009, 11:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eoghan Mag

I don't often get new ideas and when I do they often prove to be failures. Today I came up with a simple one that actually works. People have asked me time and time again for my mobile phone number and I can never remember it so I would give them my home number instead. Today I wrote down the phone number in big black letters, took a photo of it with my mobile and then saved the photograph as my phone's wall-paper. Now every time I flip open the phone the number is right there.  8)

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

the green man

DoYerJob Linesman

the green man

Do you not know I've a problem with K's? :D :D

pintsofguinness

Why didnt you just save your own number as a contact in your phonebook?  ???

(I dont know my own phone numbers either, or any pin numbers etc)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DoYerJob Linesman

Hand on Harte green man, I didnt know.   :D

Eoghan Mag

I keep forgetting where I save the number in the phone and it takes too long to look it up. This is a more instant method.

DrinkingHarp

why not just dial their # and then they would have yours? ::)
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Puckoon

Some people would go round the world for a shortcut :D

I think your buy, swop and sell thread tops your mobile phone idea.

ziggysego

A few years ago I had a great idea for an electric hammer. Then I watched The Simpsons on Sky One and Homer came up with the same idea.

My idea was slightly better though, as the hammer was also magnetised.
Testing Accessibility

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

pintsofguinness

I've a great idea...
Do you knwo when you have to stir at the cooker, well wouldnt it be great if you had this device that could do it for you.

I'm thinking, you could have something to attach to the edge of the rings when you need it, with a spoon like device on it, it could have speed settings etc and you wouldnt have to stand over it! 
Brillant or what!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bud Wiser

Howe about a fart catcher for an ass from which you could provide a methane powered ultraviolet fly catcher to hang over his ears to stop the fly's going into his eyes.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 08, 2009, 11:55:27 AM
Has anyone got the nuts and bolts of this figured out?

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/its-spy-as-you-go-as-google-goes-too-1628287.html

I'd imagine Bud, that this is just a view on the Mobile Network's 'Triangulation' (triangulation is the process of determining the location of a point by measuring angles to it from known points at either end of a fixed baseline, rather than measuring distances to the point directly. The point can then be fixed as the third point of a triangle with one known side and two known angles.), whereby the Networks already have that information of your whereabouts if they wanted it, and they've given Google access to it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...