ó hÁilpín documentary 18th Jan

Started by Galway15, January 10, 2007, 04:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galway15

Read over on Hoganstand.com that there is a documentary focused on the 3 brothers to be shown on Jan 18th RTE1..should be interesting....how are Aisake and Setanta doing in Oz i wonder?

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

bottlethrower7

Teu wasn't the worst at all. Probably a better footballer than hurler. He was a useful club and college player in both codes, but was never going to make it at county level (but lets be fair, how many of us do?)

I'd be familiar enough with the 4 brothers. It seemed every second one was blessed with skill. Sean Og and Setanta were undoubtedly the pick of them. Teu and Aisaike weren't so skillful in my book but were useful in their own way. I don't think Aisaike would have established himself as a Cork senior had he stayed. Setanta would be a star if he had stayed.

Teu spent a while out in America if memory serves. When he came back he went to live in Ennis and transferred to Eire Og. I'm not sure whether he still plays or not.

The comments about Teu in this thread are very harsh.

youbetterbelieveit

Thats right, teu played in both america (new york) i believe and also in london.

imtommygunn

On the topic of documentaries when is the show on TG4 about the Dooleys or has it been on?

bottlethrower7

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 11, 2007, 09:33:59 AM
On the topic of documentaries when is the show on TG4 about the Dooleys or has it been on?

it was on on tuesday. I'm sure they'll repeat it.