SNOW

Started by maggie, February 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 11, 2010, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: Declan on January 11, 2010, 01:28:48 PM
Batt has now said schools in republic can go back tomorrow if they like

Such a ridiculous decision in the first place, they must have been expecting 10 foot snow drifts, thousands cut off and major panic breaking out. All over a lock of inches of snow, heaven forbid.

Funny how some teachers have reacted. One teacher friend has just posted their status on facebook as "O'keefe you can't be serious! What a w**ker". I would have thought that calling your "boss" a w**ker on facebook wasn't the smartest move ever. I'm sure he some of his colleagues are friends on facebook they'd be impressed with his openness!

mountainboii

Quote from: Aerlik on January 11, 2010, 02:23:06 PM
Irish weather must be heading to Oz.  Bloody hell only got to 24C today and as I write it is 19C. No aircon tonight.  Very unseasonal, and it rained in Busselton today.  Global warming my arse.  Sure it was only 42C at 8.45am in Adelaide.  And Marble Bar hasn't had a single day over 50C yet.   Hot, my eye.

Do you live in Australia?

© Lady GAA GAA

Tyronelass

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 11, 2010, 12:49:43 PM
It's been snowing for hours on end here in omagh but it's not cold enough to lie been too much of a thaw!

Its lying nicely 10miles out the road, on top of all the previous! Hasn't stopped snowing since 7am. Last seen our street and road the weekend before christmas! Its a nitemare, I'll not even start on those who complain about their housing developments not being cleared!  :'(

pintsofguinness

Nearly all gone here. Thank God, I'm sick walking down the street knowing I could land on my arse any second.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

It seems that the rain today is turning to snow today in many parts, anywhere in N Connacht, N Leinster or Ulster away from the coast can expect the fluffy white stuff overnight.

Meanwhile an early entrant for the Darwin awards
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0112/breaking79.htm

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

I am truly sick of this snow and ice! a couple of weeks before christmas I busted my knee (along with other minor injuries) in an accident caused by ice - the knee is just getting better now and today I slip on ice and land on the same knee, busted again, and cut the f**king hand of myself.  I was wearing gloves and I've half the glove in the cut too!
Some one up there is having a good laugh. 

mountainboii

Ever find out what was wrong with the knee?

Puckoon

FFS hes almost 40!

Just old age.

armaghniac

pintsofguinness

Quote from: AFS on January 14, 2010, 07:22:57 PM
Ever find out what was wrong with the knee?
nope, I let it sit and sit and it started to improve very very slowly so I just left it

armaghniac

Snow in Dublin mountains (Kilikee)

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: armaghniac on January 12, 2010, 05:37:42 PM
It seems that the rain today is turning to snow today in many parts, anywhere in N Connacht, N Leinster or Ulster away from the coast can expect the fluffy white stuff overnight.

The guy who was driving that car is now getting treatment in the same ward as the boul Iris...What sort of a nutter drives a car on Ice..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

longrunsthefox

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 14, 2010, 07:30:10 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 12, 2010, 05:37:42 PM

The guy who was driving that car is now getting treatment in the same ward as the boul Iris...What sort of a nutter drives a car on Ice..

PG McQuaid... is part of folklore that the late bookmaker drove a mini across the Black Lough in Dungannon during the great freeze in 1963. He died few yaers ago. Is a piece about it in this weeks Tyrone Times.

ONeill

Snowin like a hoor in Antrim
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

One shower of snow today. Went again though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.