SNOW

Started by maggie, February 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: maggie on January 08, 2010, 02:41:25 PM
I have a question.
My windscreen washers are frozen, put hot water on them this morning and by the time I got on the motorway, they were frozen again, had to pull over several times to put water on the windscreen. Other than keeping a bottle of water in the car and throwing it over the windscreen when it gets too bad-any other tips or is my car just a heap of sh**?

Another thing that works is if you put some vodka into it.
Granted some lads on here would rather drink it, but it is a sure way to keep the water working

Square Ball

The Lagan has frozen as well, noticed it earlier on while on the bus, so taking a dander down to have a good look
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Square Ball on January 08, 2010, 05:18:10 PM
The Lagan has frozen as well, noticed it earlier on while on the bus, so taking a dander down to have a good look

Sure is. Seen it this morning and this evening when walking to work.

Declan

Missus just got a text from the boss - all schools in Republic closed till next Thursday

maggie

Quote from: full back on January 08, 2010, 05:14:38 PM
Quote from: maggie on January 08, 2010, 02:41:25 PM
I have a question.
My windscreen washers are frozen, put hot water on them this morning and by the time I got on the motorway, they were frozen again, had to pull over several times to put water on the windscreen. Other than keeping a bottle of water in the car and throwing it over the windscreen when it gets too bad-any other tips or is my car just a heap of sh**?

Another thing that works is if you put some vodka into it.Granted some lads on here would rather drink it, but it is a sure way to keep the water working

Now fb if you knew me and my friendship with vodka-i could never waste in like that.  ;)

Hardy

Ladies, talk among yourselves for a minute.

Gents, in the event of frozen locks, don't forget the copious supply of warm fluid you possess within reach of a zip pull. I've known lads to walk distances to knock on doors asking for hot water without this remedy even dawning on them. A friend of mine took great pleasure in applying the solution to his boss's driver door one evening after work. How could the boss refuse?

If moved to offer this service to stranded ladies, please remember who you are and conduct yourselves with decorum, in as far as is possible in the circumstances.

mountainboii

Quote from: Hardy on January 08, 2010, 05:53:00 PM

Gents, in the event of frozen locks, don't forget the copious supply of warm fluid you possess within reach of a zip pull. I've known lads to walk distances to knock on doors asking for hot water without this remedy even dawning on them. A friend of mine took great pleasure in applying the solution to his boss's driver door one evening after work. How could the boss refuse?

If moved to offer this service to stranded ladies, please remember who you are and conduct yourselves with decorum, in as far as is possible in the circumstances.

I can confirm that this method is very effective.

longrunsthefox

CAUTION HARDY! ...be careful where you dip your trouser snake...  :'(

Man with genitals in pipe cut free
A man who went to casualty with his penis stuck in a steel pipe had to be cut free by firefighters using a metal grinder.
Medics at Southampton General Hospital could not get the man's penis out of the stainless steel pipe because the restricted blood flow had caused it to become aroused, so they called in Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service.
They turned up with a special equipment unit from St Mary's station in Southampton and seven firefighters to help in what a spokesman said was a "delicate operation".
The firefighters used the four-and-a-half-inch grinder to cut the pipe from around the man's penis and it took about 30 minutes.
The patient was given an anaesthetic and his penis was left bruised and swollen but otherwise unharmed.
The anxious man, aged about 40, gave hospital staff no explanation about how the pipe got stuck after he turned up on Tuesday morning.
A Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Initially the crew did not have the appropriate cutting equipment to free the man.
"It was a very delicate operation that required a very steady hand and the crew was worried about things getting too hot during the cutting.
"It's certainly an unusual call-out and I'm sure the man won't be getting into that situation again."

FermGael

Schools in the south closed until Thursday.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Puckoon

Quote from: FermGael on January 08, 2010, 09:06:45 PM
Schools in the south closed until Thursday.

Such a joke.

Thats 6 days away!

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Norf Tyrone

Big massive chunks of ice floating in the Foyle. Mad to look at !!!!!!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omagh_gael

The strule river running through omagh, a tributary of the foyle, is completely frozen over, never been seen before according to a number of wise old heads I have been chatting to.

Hurler on the Bitch

If I have followed what I assume you are referring to ... ie 'supply of warm fluid you possess within the reach of a zip'. Well, I have stood discreetly in the street for 10 minutes and, eventually, after lots of friction - and an adult magazine - was able to 'fluidize' .. No joy, just a bit of a mess over the handle! 

CountyGK

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 08, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

CAUTION HARDY! ...be careful where you dip your trouser snake...  :'(

Man with genitals in pipe cut free
A man who went to casualty with his penis stuck in a steel pipe had to be cut free by firefighters using a metal grinder.
Medics at Southampton General Hospital could not get the man's penis out of the stainless steel pipe because the restricted blood flow had caused it to become aroused, so they called in Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service.
They turned up with a special equipment unit from St Mary's station in Southampton and seven firefighters to help in what a spokesman said was a "delicate operation".
The firefighters used the four-and-a-half-inch grinder to cut the pipe from around the man's penis and it took about 30 minutes.
The patient was given an anaesthetic and his penis was left bruised and swollen but otherwise unharmed.
The anxious man, aged about 40, gave hospital staff no explanation about how the pipe got stuck after he turned up on Tuesday morning.
A Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Initially the crew did not have the appropriate cutting equipment to free the man.
"It was a very delicate operation that required a very steady hand and the crew was worried about things getting too hot during the cutting.
"It's certainly an unusual call-out and I'm sure the man won't be getting into that situation again."

Hard lines man