SNOW

Started by maggie, February 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

never knew there was ever one, not a road i have been on too often, maybe one of our tyrone muckers can tell us.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: hardstation on January 06, 2010, 09:43:31 PM
Is the Union Jack still in the middle of Lough Fea?

She's gone!

Aaron Boone

The RTE weatherman at 9.30 was hyper.
He almost turned it into a Dublin forecast and forgot about the rest of the country.
No snow in Dublin 2moro was something I did get from him though.
And staying cold until Paddy's Day 8)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

offtheground

armaghniac

Weather Warning

Issued at 08 January 2010 - 11:18
Weather Warning

Bitterly cold, icy conditions countrywide over the weekend with freezing fog lingering in places today and becoming widespread again tonight.

Some hail and snow showers expected in eastern counties on Saturday, with a more prolonged spell of snow during the morning with falls of 2 to 5cm likely. The rest of the country will probably escape with just scattered snow showers.

Another spell of snow will affect mainly Leinster and Munster during Sunday and Monday with falls of 5 to 10 cm expected ( highest in eastern and southeastern counties). Strong easterly winds will lead to drifting.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hereiam

Make the most of this as the milder weather is on its way after next wednesday. Has been some spell of winter weather. One to remember.

glens abu

Quote from: offtheground on January 08, 2010, 11:32:19 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 06, 2010, 09:47:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 06, 2010, 09:43:31 PM
Is the Union Jack still in the middle of Lough Fea?

She's gone!

She's def gone!! and him wot done it has been outed! ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-GN8UzC4w&feature=related

ha ha seems like there is a stakeknife around lough fea

Lazer

Anyone know what he roads are like from Belfast to Derry?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

maggie

I have a question.
My windscreen washers are frozen, put hot water on them this morning and by the time I got on the motorway, they were frozen again, had to pull over several times to put water on the windscreen. Other than keeping a bottle of water in the car and throwing it over the windscreen when it gets too bad-any other tips or is my car just a heap of sh**?

stpauls

Quote from: maggie on January 08, 2010, 02:41:25 PM
I have a question.
My windscreen washers are frozen, put hot water on them this morning and by the time I got on the motorway, they were frozen again, had to pull over several times to put water on the windscreen. Other than keeping a bottle of water in the car and throwing it over the windscreen when it gets too bad-ant other tips or is my car just a heap of sh**.

car is not a heap of shite, both mine and the wife's car had the same problem. best thing to do is to put some anti-freeze liquid in the container for the washers, and this should stop them from freezing!!

maggie

Thats great. Thanks StPauls, can you buy antifreeze in the garage or where?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: maggie on January 08, 2010, 02:41:25 PM
...or is my car just a heap of sh**?

Not a reflection on the quality of the car at all maggie, in fact it could be nothing more than a reflection of how efficient it is by keeping all that heat generated by the engine in the engine, and not wasting it on the surrounding environment ;)

stpauls' suggestion should do the trick for you, and you'll get anti-freeze in any garage or car accessory shop.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

leenie

Here's a wee tip for your car locks.... discovered this after i near took the door of my ma's car when the key got stuck have way in...

put blue tak over the lock and it won't freeze...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

inisceithleann

Day 2 of no water in the flat. Pipes have been frozen since Wednesday night. It hasn't got above freezing all week. I quite enjoyed the novelty of the weather at the start but my patience is wearing then at this stage!
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth