F.A.O. Lynchbhoy - The "Little Jack Horner" of the GAA Board

Started by Evil Genius, February 01, 2009, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carribbear

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 04, 2009, 05:25:15 PM
I'm half surprised the mods didnt delete the thread early on based on the personal nature of the title.

Nothing worthy of punishment, quite clearly, but based on the title alone, it was clear that it was bound to end in tears  ;D

Agreed.

stew

Quote from: hardstation on February 01, 2009, 09:25:49 PM
Although I don't think that you and Myles are the same person and I couldn't give a shite if you are or not, it is very easy to have two aliases posting away at the same time. I used to do it a fair bit until my aliases got banned :(.

Well, some of them. :)

when i was acting the maggot on here I was at home with three computers going at once, I was in the GAA chatroom and working off two other computers at the same time and at one point I had armaghfan convinced I was a lesbian who was going to a hen night in his part of London and he was mad looking an invite for some strange reason.

It was some craic but when I found myself running between computers to mess with him I realised that I needed to get a life and I havent used an alias since then.

Ah the aul chatroom, there was great craic in there at times. :)
'
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nifan

Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2009, 06:13:57 PM
Nifan -I thought you had more sense than to get involved in this ráiméis.

Rossfan, your probably right - I should be - I guess Ive just been suspicious of Lynchbhoy since his earlier obsession with me, and the tactics he employs in his arguments. Probably let myself get sucked in.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on February 05, 2009, 09:09:16 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2009, 06:13:57 PM
Nifan -I thought you had more sense than to get involved in this ráiméis.

Rossfan, your probably right - I should be - I guess Ive just been suspicious of Lynchbhoy since his earlier obsession with me, and the tactics he employs in his arguments. Probably let myself get sucked in.

No matter nifan maybe LB is just fond of you!, also did you notice that EG starts the thread and has pretty much let you get carried away and drag it out for 8 pages.
Now EG whilst I don't particularly agree with either MnG or you on most things (also the writing styles are very similar) I'm not really sure that your one in the same person, but the personal nature of this thread is a bit much, it's also a piss poor and boring thread.
Tbc....

nifan

An Fear Rua

Quote from: nifan on February 04, 2009, 05:17:21 PM

Fine, refrain. For me your "good name" was besmirched long ago, when you had your ridiculous attacks on me (anti iris, ant catholic sticks out, and uvf sympathiser and dup propogandist) based solely on my religion seemingly. You then proceeded to make snide comments in a number of threads claiming you where going to make others aware of this fact ::)

Stall the ball here, thats some accusation, if i rem correctly, he has consistently suggested that you are in fact  edward woodward, and alluded to the general reasoning in your posts being as a result of your schooling. 
Its Grim up North

Drumanee 1

Quote from: An Fear Rua on February 05, 2009, 10:24:53 AM
Quote from: nifan on February 04, 2009, 05:17:21 PM

Fine, refrain. For me your "good name" was besmirched long ago, when you had your ridiculous attacks on me (anti iris, ant catholic sticks out, and uvf sympathiser and dup propogandist) based solely on my religion seemingly. You then proceeded to make snide comments in a number of threads claiming you where going to make others aware of this fact ::)

Stall the ball here, thats some accusation, if i rem correctly, he has consistently suggested that you are in fact  edward woodward, and alluded to the general reasoning in your posts being as a result of your schooling. 

by reading posts by nifan i think the reason he calls him edward woodward (the equaliser) is due to the fact if you bring up a anything that may be deemed anti catholic he will return with something which would be deemed anti protestant just to equal it up,now thats his prerogative but it gets tiresome after  a while.

nifan

QuoteStall the ball here, thats some accusation, if i rem correctly, he has consistently suggested that you are in fact  edward woodward, and alluded to the general reasoning in your posts being as a result of your schooling.

No he called me a dup propagandist.
He said i was returning to type.
He said my arguments defended "all bastions of decency like oo/ruc/dup/udr/lvf/uvf/brit army"

saffron sam2

Sad the way this thread has turned out and it says a lot about the person who started it with his pretty conclusive evidence, cleared off and allowed it to degenerate into a petty squabbling match. Although he got a couple of fairly childish digs in before he left.

My tuppence worth.

I don't know if EG and Myles are one and the same, but I won't be losing any sleep over it. Both have used a phrase that I have only ever seen or heard on this board - even then it has only be used by two posters, EG and Myles. If they are one and the same fair enough, but it takes a particular class of poster to deliberately claim to be something he's not. If they are two different posters, then fair enough as well, but something rings hollow about Myles's attitude to the GAA (for one whose family were involved).

Should we leave it that EG and Myles are two different posters until it can be proved otherwise. And we certainly need more conclusive evidence that EG supplied here. It may have been enough to convict in one of his beloved Diplock courts, but not in the real world.

nifan should know better. Let EG continue the debate he started, you are the one who is looking bad in this thread. Even well known members of the cavalry like ChrisOWC are giving this one a bye ball.

I would also propose that the term Evil Myles becomes part of the gaaboard vocabulary, to describe someone with no interest in or knowledege of the GAA, but who tries to pass himself / herself off as an expert on everything. It would be great if, in reality, they are one and the same, but an Evil Myles persona is not a great step.

I also hate the way EG uses onesmallstep as his main motivation for joining this site. It is quite clear that he has no idea of the concept behind that campaign. Do us all a favour and begin to realise that there are people (themmuns if you like) who have a modicum of intelligence and then you have a chance of being taken somewhat more seriously by the discerning gaaboard poster.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

nifan

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 05, 2009, 10:55:25 AM
nifan should know better.

Alright alright can everyone stop saying that!
I only posted on this thread in the first place to suggest a quick ip check as one possible test  :-[

his holiness nb

For whats its worth I think both Lynchboy and Nifan are sound, reasonable posters.
Ask me holy bollix

Lar Naparka

Quote from: nifan on February 05, 2009, 11:19:51 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 05, 2009, 10:55:25 AM
nifan should know better.

Alright alright can everyone stop saying that!
I only posted on this thread in the first place to suggest a quick ip check as one possible test  :-[
Maybe a quick IQ test would be more appropriate.!
Don't let them get to you, Nifan. You're doing grand.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Zapatista

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 05, 2009, 01:14:49 PM
For whats its worth I think both Lynchboy and Nifan are sound, reasonable posters.

That's would be my opinion too. I haven't read alll the thread but I can gather enough info from reading posts on various topics that Lynchbhoy is sound,(and) reasonable.

T Fearon

I am convinced EG is the person who once visited me. He uses the same rhetorical arguments and posts in the same style etc