Tyrone v Kerry NFL Round 2

Started by Kerry Mike, February 01, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

What is sexual assault?

Sexual assault and abuse is any type of sexual activity that you do not agree to, including:

Inappropriate touching

Vaginal, anal, or oral penetration
Sexual intercourse that you say no to
Rape
Attempted rape
Child molestation

Sexual assault can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention. Examples of this are voyeurism (when someone watches private sexual acts), exhibitionism (when someone exposes him/herself in public), incest (sexual contact between family members), and sexual harassment. It can happen in different situations, by a stranger in an isolated place, on a date, or in the home by someone you know.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Leo

Quote from: full back on February 16, 2009, 10:51:32 AM
Take away the sh1te talking, the goading, sly digs etc etc & you have a good footballer that many counties would like to have, but as far as I can see this behaviour cant be eradicated
Seems to be that opposing supporters can like it or lump it :-\

Those who cannot see this issue beyond "supporting your own players" or whataboutery are doing the GAA a grave disservice. For too long now many of our "supporters" have been apeing the soccer followers in their attitudes and antics and it is not pretty. It also leads the equivocation, if not downright dishonesty, that is applied when assessing this type of behaviour.
It has to be said that this man has "form" in this department which has not been very edyfying, but this time it is much more serious. The raised profile of GAA in recent years has brought a massive audience, and in particular a very young audience. Do we want them to condone or excuse their "heroes" when this thuggish abuse is brought on to the playing field? Is our Association merely a vehicle for the tribal "no holds barred" approach to winning or is it, as was envisaged, to be a positive contribution to our community, culture and society?
I am saddened beyond words that any GAA follower can fail to see that someone perpetrating sexual assault in public on a sports field should be asked to keep his dirt at home. Is this what we have become?
Fierce tame altogether

rrhf

I still havent seen any Television footage of yesterday, so I cant attack or defend anyone,  Yesterday I seen a manager aggressively push the referee in the chest so I could comment on that but Im not going to - to be honest my reaction at the time was - will these guys ever learn?  
All you anti - northern guys rest assured if an Armagh, Derry or even Tyrone,   or other northern player player did do something that we didnt approve of we would be the first to hold our hands up and say "thats not the way it should be" .  Nobody has defended anyone, here. Obviously some alleged incident has happened here and I would be very disappointed if a midriff or lower punch was delivered on Galvin, thats not the place for it.  

Zapatista

Quote from: Leo on February 16, 2009, 11:20:59 AM
Quote from: full back on February 16, 2009, 10:51:32 AM
Take away the sh1te talking, the goading, sly digs etc etc & you have a good footballer that many counties would like to have, but as far as I can see this behaviour cant be eradicated
Seems to be that opposing supporters can like it or lump it :-\

Those who cannot see this issue beyond "supporting your own players" or whataboutery are doing the GAA a grave disservice. For too long now many of our "supporters" have been apeing the soccer followers in their attitudes and antics and it is not pretty. It also leads the equivocation, if not downright dishonesty, that is applied when assessing this type of behaviour.
It has to be said that this man has "form" in this department which has not been very edyfying, but this time it is much more serious. The raised profile of GAA in recent years has brought a massive audience, and in particular a very young audience. Do we want them to condone or excuse their "heroes" when this thuggish abuse is brought on to the playing field? Is our Association merely a vehicle for the tribal "no holds barred" approach to winning or is it, as was envisaged, to be a positive contribution to our community, culture and society?
I am saddened beyond words that any GAA follower can fail to see that someone perpetrating sexual assault in public on a sports field should be asked to keep his dirt at home. Is this what we have become?

FFS talk about your nanny state.

Put a little bit of reality to it. It was harmless and a bit of jostling, nothing more.

If you are saddned beyond words then you have emotional problems.

full back

Quote from: rrhf on February 16, 2009, 11:29:33 AM
Yesterday I seen a manager aggressively push the referee in the chest so I could comment on that but Im not going to

You just did ???
You also mentioned past grievances with Kerry in an earlier post

tyronefan

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/190608/

seems that ricey was not the first to grab a feel when he had the chance, the kerry lads are not above the same sort of stuff

BennyHarp

Quoteam saddened beyond words that any GAA follower can fail to see that someone perpetrating sexual assault in public on a sports field should be asked to keep his dirt at home. Is this what we have become?

So you think sexual assault is ok as long as its kept at home??

There is an element of society in this country that has gone mad!! Its an insult to anyone who has ever experienced a real sexual assault to label what happened yesterday in that bracket!

The type of hyperbole and exaggeration traded in these boards are by far the worst i have ever seen - it saddens me beyond words!  :-\
That was never a square ball!!

INDIANA

Might be an idea at this stage to confine the topic to the match itself, its gone totally off the point now.

rrhf

The GAA has been, is and always will be a tribal organisation and unfortunately it can spill over.  Didnt the great Kerry and dublin teams bate the livin delights out of each other in a very wicked friendly during their rivalry.   It seems every year after Tyrone beome AI champions some teams come to Omagh to try and measure themselves against the ai champions - understandable but reality, both teams made mistakes were aggressive and may have stepped out of line.    I have no time for any badness, but I dont think we should have a heirarchy of victimhood here, and i would certainly fear more frustration on the pitches the longer these new rules are retained so I think to be positive out of an unfortunate situation that must be the starting point.  On a final note fair play to Kerry on a good win and 2 league points.      

blewuporstuffed

I thought the new rules would have been the perfect way to deal with this, yellow card for ricey for the galvin incident (although galvin didnt exactly cover himself in glory and rightly go the black book for it)
Ricey probably would have deserved a yellow for the incident with gooch aswell.(think i remember mcmahon gettin a yellow in the old rules for something similar in the all ireland final.)
That would have been the thing dealt with.

All this chat of six month suspensions & 'worse i have ever seen' and sexual assualt charges is pure nonsense.
Fair play to O'se for his reactionat the end, pity his manager and o'sullivan wern't as restrained.
By the way, thought there was decent match for other 70 mins, not many seemed to have noticed that amongst the ricey bashing
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

YogiBear

Sexual assault? Ah boys wise up all ricey did was touch him on the balls hardly a big deal, I bet Galvin feels more of a dick than ricey did for falling down as if a sniper shot him.  Kerry shouldn't have fallen into Tyrone's trap and got involved especially Jacko as they were by far the better team yesterday but still think Tyrone will handle them when Dooher, SON and Brian are back and Gormley gets fitter.  Leo it mustnt take much to sadden you.

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on February 16, 2009, 11:54:29 AM
The GAA has been, is and always will be a tribal organisation and unfortunately it can spill over.  Didnt the great Kerry and dublin teams bate the livin delights out of each other in a very wicked friendly during their rivalry.   It seems every year after Tyrone beome AI champions some teams come to Omagh to try and measure themselves against the ai champions - understandable but reality, both teams made mistakes were aggressive and may have stepped out of line.    I have no time for any badness, but I dont think we should have a heirarchy of victimhood here, and i would certainly fear more frustration on the pitches the longer these new rules are retained so I think to be positive out of an unfortunate situation that must be the starting point.  On a final note fair play to Kerry on a good win and 2 league points.      

Sorry they didn't resort to that yesterday (Dublin and Kerry). I won't have you comparing yesterday with those players. At this stage confine yourself to the game itself because you're only digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Stalin

Quote from: tyronefan on February 16, 2009, 11:48:39 AM
http://www.sportsfile.com/id/190608/

seems that ricey was not the first to grab a feel when he had the chance, the kerry lads are not above the same sort of stuff

Congratulations, that picture is compelling evidence that the Kerry boys feel balls too ::)

How could the incident not be construed as sexual assault? If you were playing some ladies team in a friendly and patted one of them on the fanny, there would be some uproar. Same if the incident took place in the workplace, whether it be a pat on the fanny or a pat on the balls, you just cant do it.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

under the bar

And you wonder why nobody likes Tyrone. (Before you mention any of your all irelands this feeling was long before your success).

I wonder which county you are from? 

Jesus it could be any one of 31.

Possibly, but a wild guess would say either Derry or Armagh.

Doogie Browser

This talk of 'sexual assault' trvialises it for people who actually suffered from 'sexual assault'