Tyrone v Kerry NFL Round 2

Started by Kerry Mike, February 01, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: hardstation on February 02, 2009, 09:31:49 PM
Dig someone on the Saturday night. You'll be brought to Omagh Peeler station for questioning. When they let you out on Sunday morning, turn right and keep dandering up that road. You'll see Healy Park, on your right.

I am a pacifist so I will skip on that but thanks anyway

gerry

Quote from: johnpower on February 02, 2009, 09:27:30 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 02, 2009, 09:15:58 PM
What's the story with big Dara (Kingdom) lads? Is he taking a break or is he still traumatised by Pat the Plank shoving that glorious image of Captain Fantastic lifting SAM in September last in his mush?

I have not heard  Fear  .Tell us what is the story with tickets ? . I am planning the trip and would appreciate if any one could give me directions to where Healy Park is located .

http://www.squareball.com/club-county/pitch-finder/
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Kerry Mike

I think Darragh has not committed to the cause for 2009 yet, but with David Moran throwing good shapes and Horse Kennelly on the plane home as we speak it will make for a competive midfield this summer, Seamus Scanlon too will be under pressure as Anthony Maher is shaping up as well, while Mike Quirke and Kieran Donaghy are to return to the fold soon as well as Tomas O'Se in the half back line.

Will be an interesting few weeks ahead in training but a bit early in the year for too much skelping.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

I am planning the trip and would appreciate if any one could give me directions to where Healy Park is located .

Couple of maps John (Healy Park is Omagh St Enda's home ground, and it's on the Gortin Road):

Healy Park

Map of Omagh

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

It'll be interesting to see if Mickey steps down a few of the probables in order to get a good look at the possibles now that the big TV game has passed off without a hitch. You feel like wrapping Stephen O'Neill up in cotton wool until late Spring. Those who came on against Dublin - Quinn, Hughes, Penrose and Cavanagh may see more time.

Cooper and Walsh looked lively enough yesterday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

From Gaelic Life Blog:

You don't have to be mad to work here...

Posted by
John Hughes
on 02 Feb 09

Jack O'Connor reported for duty with Kerry yesterday. No doubt he was delighted to get his second stint at the reins off to a good start with a win over Donegal. Particularly given that they are nordies.
After O'Connor's bilious account of his first stretch with Kerry, 'Keys to the Kingdom', we all know that he has a special place in his heart for the northern brethren. His obsession with Armagh and more particularly Tyrone bordered on the paranoia. It's arguable that the only reason he's back at all is to bury the ghost of Tyrone, having already accounted for Armagh.
He will have seen the endless column inches lauding Mickey Harte as one of the greatest ever and he won't have been smiling approvingly as he read it.
Last year's All-Ireland final was gruesome viewing for Kerry folk, but in a certain corner of Dromid it would have screened like a real video nasty. Jack O'Connor must have been horrified as Mickey Harte went about dismantling the Kerry challenge, beating them by five points. No ambiguity about that result. Tyrone's third victory of the noughties left a big fat question mark over O'Connor's legacy and his stature in the Kerry pantheon of great managers.
No wonder he signed up for a second tour with the Kingdom.
The return of Tadhg Kennelly has O'Connor's paw prints all over it. It is the action of a man desperate to do anything he can to get that winning edge. There is no stone this man will leave unturned in his mission to beat Tyrone, to show the world that he was the best all along. And if he doesn't beat them this year on the way to the All-Ireland, the victory would be as hollow as the Sam Maguire.
O'Connor has a fixation with Tyrone now, a touch of madness about the whole thing. He is like a modern day Captain Ahab, pitting himself against a force that he is determined to best, but which may end up overwhelming him.
A touch of madness isn't a bad thing. It is driven, focused, people that get anything of any worth done in this world. The question is whether a tormented O'Connor can channel his madness for the good of Kerry, or whether his obsession will end up ultimately destroying his legacy and the team.

longball

Quote from: ONeill on February 02, 2009, 10:26:36 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Mickey steps down a few of the probables in order to get a good look at the possibles now that the big TV game has passed off without a hitch. You feel like wrapping Stephen O'Neill up in cotton wool until late Spring. Those who came on against Dublin - Quinn, Hughes, Penrose and Cavanagh may see more time.

agree with this statement think the likes of penrose, Keving Hughes, Pj Quinn will be started anyone fancy naming what they think wil be line up? Justin McMahon looks like he needs a lot of game time to get back to the heights of last year but it early days yet
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

ONeill

Quote from: longball on February 02, 2009, 10:40:50 PM

agree with this statement think the likes of penrose, Keving Hughes, Pj Quinn will be started anyone fancy naming what they think wil be line up? Justin McMahon looks like he needs a lot of game time to get back to the heights of last year but it early days yet

Justy's in the midst of the Sigerson campaign (captaining St Mary's) and should actually be in good shape. Perhaps last Wednesday's game v Carlow had some impact.

tyssam5

I was just thinking that. Looks like it will be fairly non-physical league, but would still like to see him given a bit of rest and a few new faces tried out as well.

redcard

It'll be interesting to see if Mickey steps down

couldnt believe you wrote that until i read on  :D

Doohicky

I can forsee Cassidy + AN Other playing in Midfield against Kerry. Give Mickey a chance to see what kind of Midfield he can put together if anything were to cause Enda to miss a game/ be yellow carded.

Can also see the back line being changed around with McMenemin being pushed out to wing back and Joe McMahon going to centre Half back to help with the kickouts down the middle.

rrhf

It'll be interesting to see if Mickey steps down  - ONeill
Again I would urge Tyrone supporters not to panic and at least let him see out the league.   

tieroan

I cant see Joe McMahon going to centre back. I think Mickey will be keen to give the block some game time on his return from honeymoon so he is not left behind. His form dipped in the early championship rounds because he opted out for a while for a break at the start of last year.

Otherwise Penrose may come in for Tommy, PJ Quinn may start in place of Magee with Ricey dropping to the bench as well after what I would call a poor defensive performanceo no saturday

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 02, 2009, 10:20:43 PM
I am planning the trip and would appreciate if any one could give me directions to where Healy Park is located .

Couple of maps John (Healy Park is Omagh St Enda's home ground, and it's on the Gortin Road):

Healy Park

Map of Omagh

Thanks Fear

Fear ón Srath Bán

No problem John, regarding tickets, there's a rumour that the Stand (only) will be all-ticket but I'd imagine that you'll be able to get those on the day itself at the ground, otherwise it's non-ticketed.

Will Star be back for this one do you think? If he is, I can see the two Mc Mahons being detailed to do the job on himself and Walsh again.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...