Tyrone to Gaza

Started by give her dixie, January 29, 2009, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Cross

An Fear Rua

Quote from: give her dixie on February 04, 2009, 06:14:27 PM
Folks, sorry for not been back in touch before now, as I have been trying to get the trip together.
At this stage, I am going to be joined by my cousin, who will be an incredible help with the driving as we intend to cover 5000 miles in 16 days!
We have secured a vehicle from Rocwell Water. It's a 7.5 tonne Daf curtainsider, and he is throwing in plenty of water which is badly needed in Gaza.
We have a couple of other sponsors lined up, and by tomorrow we will have their details to report.
Home Furnishing Solutions in the Oaks Centre Dungannon have sourced us blankets, and we will have the details on that tomorrow as well.
We will try and have details of collection points for clothes by tomorrow evening/Friday, where people can donate clothes or buy a blanket for the people of Gaza.
Remember, there are 60,000 people homeless and everthing we bring will be well appreciated.
Also, by tomorrow we should have details where people can make donations to.
Already there are 90 vehicles in the convoy, including a Fire Engine, 6 Ambulances, and a boat for the fishermen in Gaza!!
Thanks again for the massive support, and please continue to help us whatever way you can. Pass on the information to all your friends, and for everyone on Facebook, please join the group "Tyrone To Gaza"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=6726&uid=57553768486#/group.php?gid=47557978417&ref=ts

John

John,

Dungannon Clarkes would like to help with this.

Can you send me a pm with a contact number for yourself please?

Thanks

AFR
Its Grim up North

Harold Disgracey

Eair play to you ghd. I will get a run up to the Oaks early next week.

under the bar

Never mind just Tyrone to Gaza, this should start the wheels in motion for a GAA to Gaza movement supported by HQ, county boards and the GPA. 

Every county could and should do like-wise. 

the green man

Quote from: Double Cross on February 06, 2009, 03:14:12 PM
You obviously get to watch Unionist TV regularly Donagh  ;)

You obviously dont read whats posted. UTV LIFE is on 5.30 to 6.00

give her dixie

Folks,  sorry for the delay, but this evenings UTV Life has been cancelled.
Instead, they are sending out a TV crew tomorrow to interview us at the Oaks Centre, Dungannon.
This will be so much better, as it will show the lorry, and people donating. Tyrones favourie fan, Datsun Donaghy will hopefully be making an appearence, and maybe Malachi Cush.
I have been busy all day sorting stuff out, and have got a few sponsor stickers to go on, including 2 GAABOARD.COM stickers, for all the support you all have been giving.
Have a great logo going on, complete with the Tyrone and Palestinean flags..........
I will be back on later with more details.

Tyrone To Gaza.....

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

stpauls

dixie, will be up as far as Dungannon either tomorrow or Monday evening and will drop over a couple of bags of old clothes/shoes (still wearable of course) and possibly a duvet or two. do you need these kind of items or should i give other things?

give her dixie

Folks, just back with lorry and have a few photo's. They are a bit dark, however you will get the picture!!!! Will have more tomorrow from the Oaks Centre.
Plus, Sainsburys have come on board and will have 6 staff collecting money all day tomorrow. So a big thank you to Sainsburys.
O' Neill's Strabane has donated 500 various jerseys and Liam Og Gormley from Sligo Co. Board has donated 150 childrens playing kits. So a big thank you to both of them.
Can someone let me know how to upload photo's, or if someone pm's me an e mail address, i'll send them to them to up load.

Thanks

Tyrone To Gaza.

glens abu

your doing a mighty job Dixie will be up at the Oaks next week with some clothes,great to hear of the responce you are getting from GAA people and clubs.

give her dixie

Folks, click on the link below to a flickr page where I have posted a couple of shots. Will have better shots tomorrow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35125248@N03/

gerry

good man john, can you pm me your details
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North