Tyrone to Gaza

Started by give her dixie, January 29, 2009, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Excellent appeal give her dixie, count me in for a donation (pm me your details).  I have a few county jersies that don't fit me anymore  :( so I can send you these too.

glens abu

Great idea Dixie please PM me your details and I will make donation but also get some children's clothes delivered down.

Mickey Linden

Fair play Give her Dixie! Can you also PM me your full address and ill send a cheque to u!

full back

Good stuff Dixie
PM me the details as well & I will give a few ££'s to the cause

lfdown2

have ye the HGV license, looks like it heading that way, likewise plenty of old gaa tops and whatever else, forward details...

SidelineKick

Send a PM my way too and I'll send a few £.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

scud

I don't know much about PM's but send me one and i'll defo make a donation! Fair play to ya

give her dixie

Folks, sorry for not been back in touch before now, as I have been trying to get the trip together.
At this stage, I am going to be joined by my cousin, who will be an incredible help with the driving as we intend to cover 5000 miles in 16 days!
We have secured a vehicle from Rocwell Water. It's a 7.5 tonne Daf curtainsider, and he is throwing in plenty of water which is badly needed in Gaza.
We have a couple of other sponsors lined up, and by tomorrow we will have their details to report.
Home Furnishing Solutions in the Oaks Centre Dungannon have sourced us blankets, and we will have the details on that tomorrow as well.
We will try and have details of collection points for clothes by tomorrow evening/Friday, where people can donate clothes or buy a blanket for the people of Gaza.
Remember, there are 60,000 people homeless and everthing we bring will be well appreciated.
Also, by tomorrow we should have details where people can make donations to.
Already there are 90 vehicles in the convoy, including a Fire Engine, 6 Ambulances, and a boat for the fishermen in Gaza!!
Thanks again for the massive support, and please continue to help us whatever way you can. Pass on the information to all your friends, and for everyone on Facebook, please join the group "Tyrone To Gaza"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=6726&uid=57553768486#/group.php?gid=47557978417&ref=ts

John
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Declan

Best of luck in the journey
Hope you manage to get the gear to those who need it unlike this story.

Hamas policemen have seized thousands of blankets and food parcels that were meant to be distributed to Palestinian civilians in Gaza, UN officials say.
A UN spokesman said policemen raided a UN warehouse on Tuesday after officials refused to hand over the aid to a Hamas-controlled ministry.
The UN said it was the first time its aid had been confiscated by Hamas.
It condemned the action and demanded the goods be immediately returned. UN spokesman Christopher Gunness said Hamas police took 3,500 blankets and over 400 food parcels.

Edited as I've since heard this :
The U.N was directing this aid to non governmental agencies in the area, notably Fatah. Hamas are in Govt and view Fatah as a subversive body within their state. Fatah have an agenda to weaken Hamas and seemingly the U.N have taken a political decision to help them. This is not the role of U.N aid officers. They are supposed to remain neutral. It's clear an agenda is being worked on here by both the U.N and Fatah. The U.N was delivering aid on a discriminatory manner by delivering aid only to those with refugee status. The Govt in Gaza believe all the residents should benefit from the aid.The policemen are not seizing this aid for themselves, but to ensure the aid is distributed in a fair manner, and not used as a carrot and stick by fatah.

Unbelievable stuff

The Watcher Pat

I'll wait to tomorrow until you put up the donation details to make a donation..

You should think of maybe having some sort of collection point set up somewhere where people could donate clothes etc...Just cleared the wardrobe myself there are a few old footy tops as well.

Maybe if you contacted a Gaelic club from every county in Ulster they would collect them for you and hold them for you to collect, just a idea?

Theres maybe even a few club secretary's or officials on the board who might be able to help..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

tyssam5

Drop me a PM with your details.

give her dixie

Well folks, have sorted more details today on the trip regarding collections and donations.
From this Saturday 7th, until Thursday 12th (6 days) we intend to have the lorry parked at the Oaks Centre, Oaks Road, Dungannon. We will be collecting clothes, blankets, and other forms of aid each day until 6 pm, and until 9pm on Wednesday and Thursday.
We have decided to stay in the one spot, as it will give people a chance to come along at whatever time suits them rather than trying to take in various towns. We have no doubt that we will fill the truck for the "Lifeline To Gaza Aid Convoy".
Blankets can be bought at Home Furnishing Solutions in the Oaks Centre, with all proceeds going towards the trip.
For anyone wanting to make a donation that live locally, can do so either at HFS, or to ourselves as we will be with the lorry at all times.
For anyone wanting to send a cheque, please make it out to Viva Palestina and you can post it to me. I will PM those who have already pledged money the address, and for anyone else sending a cheque, just pm me for address. We would need to have the cheques in by next Thursday 12th, as we will be leaving on Friday luchtime.
Pm me with the amount you intend to send, and if you donate personally at the Oaks Centre, let me know you are a board member and that way I can post the total donated by board members on this thread. Donations from the board currently stands at £500, so fair play to you all so far.
If anyone can make up a GAA Board flag, or can provide us with stickers for the lorry, please do. I hope to have photo's on line tomorrow of the lorry.
Also, if any of you have any contacts in the national or local media, give them a call and see if they will give us some coverage.
There is a lot to be done in the next week, however, with the help and generosity of people like yourselves, I have no fear we will make it happen......
Also, check out the Viva Palestina web site where you can see the route and details of the journey.  

http://www.vivapalestina.org

Once again, many thanks

John Hurson

give her dixie

Well folks, please tune into UTV Life this evening, as we are going into the studio to be interviewed by Pamela Ballantine and Frank Mitchell..
Tell your friends.....
Will get a good plug in for the GAA Board...
Also folks, this morning O' Neill's in Strabane have now come on board to supply us with a large amount of clothes. So a big thank you to Kieran Kennedy and all at O' Neill's.

John

Double Cross

Gaza will end up looking like Clones on Ulster final day  ;)
I`ve a good bit of stuff gathered up, I`ll be down to the Oaks Centre sometime next week.

mylestheslasher

I won't be able to make it up to Dungannon but I am going to try and get a heap of clothes (old baby clothes included) and courier it up to you on Monday. Thats the plan anyhow.

What time is UTV live on at?