Champions League 2011

Started by Square Ball, January 29, 2009, 04:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

its going to be in Wembly in 2011 according to the BBC, plus Dublin's Lansdowne Road has been picked to host the 2011 final of the Europa League, previously the Uefa Cup, as Arsenal's Emirates Stadium missed out.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Rossie11

UEFA cup in Lansdowne
Rangers V Zenit would be fun..

BennyHarp

Quote from: Square Ball on January 29, 2009, 04:18:31 PM
its going to be in Wembly in 2011 according to the BBC, plus Dublin's Lansdowne Road has been picked to host the 2011 final of the Europa League, previously the Uefa Cup, as Arsenal's Emirates Stadium missed out.

Does that belfast hotel sponsor this competiton now?
That was never a square ball!!

Orior

Question - who will be getting complimentary tickets to this final?

Clue - it's Tony Fearon.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

Quote from: Orior on January 29, 2009, 04:26:47 PM

Clue - it's Tony Fearon.

if you were a betting man you would put money on TF winning tickets for it, one things for sure.... I cant see any of the teams he supports being in the final unless they get taken over by a billionaire

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Square Ball on January 29, 2009, 04:29:14 PM

Clue - it's Tony Fearon.

if you were a betting man you would put money on TF winning tickets for it, one things for sure.... I cant see any of the teams he supports being in the final unless they get taken over by a billionaire

Hmmmm there was me thinking that Celtic got to the UEFA Cup final in 2003!  ::)
Tbc....

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 29, 2009, 04:32:58 PM

Clue - it's Tony Fearon.

Nottingham Forest won the European Cup twice,still doesn't mean you'd put money on them being in the 2011 European Cup Final  ::)

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on January 29, 2009, 04:18:31 PM

Thats great news re Landsdowne...
Hope its finished by then :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 29, 2009, 04:40:01 PM

Clue - it's Tony Fearon.

Nottingham Forest won the European Cup twice,still doesn't mean you'd put money on them being in the 2011 European Cup Final  ::)

Point was that the assumption was made that Tony's teams would not be there unless a billionaire took them over, I merely stated that one of Tony's teams had reached the final within the last 5 odd seasons and didn't need a billionaire, therefore it would be safe to assume that they would have a fighting chance of being there in the future (2011) as well.
Tbc....

dublinfella

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 29, 2009, 04:46:16 PM

Clue - it's Tony Fearon.

Point was that the assumption was made that Tony's teams would not be there unless a billionaire took them over, I merely stated that one of Tony's teams had reached the final within the last 5 odd seasons and didn't need a billionaire, therefore it would be safe to assume that they would have a fighting chance of being there in the future (2011) as well.

But Celtic are owned by a billionaire.....

Anyway, great news for Dublin, should be a good auld day out. Where are all those conspiracy theorists who told us LR would never be built now?

Square Ball

Right, sorry my post cause some confusion, I am aware of Celtics appearance in the UEFA cup, but it was meant for the Champions league.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Square Ball on January 29, 2009, 04:55:26 PM
Right, sorry my post cause some confusion, I am aware of Celtics appearance in the UEFA cup, but it was meant for the Champions league.

Well even the most blinkered Celt would have to give you that one regarding the CL, and I do.  ;)
Tbc....

The Real Laoislad

Clue - it's Tony Fearon.

I know exactly what your point was..
But considering the final will be 2011 that will mean it will have been 8 years since Celtic were in a European Final so I don't think its reasonable IMHO to say they might be in the 2011 final or at least have a chance to get there  because they were in the 2003 one,thats why I used the Notts Forest example.
Thats not to say they won't be I just had a issue with using a final they were in 6 years ago as a reason why they might do something in the future.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: dublinfella on January 29, 2009, 04:51:17 PM

Clue - it's Tony Fearon.

But Celtic are owned by a billionaire.....

Anyway, great news for Dublin, should be a good auld day out. Where are all those conspiracy theorists who told us LR would never be built now?

I assume you mean people like me. Firstly I don't see why you'd bring that up. Its great for Dublin for an event like that to be held there as it will be for a Heineken cup semi final all going well.

Secondly - people raisng doubt about whether Lansdowne would be completed were well within their rights in so doing. They were only a year two of an economic cycle from being correct. Anyway, the main argument against Lansdowne was that it didn't cater for gaelic games as originally stated by Minister Big Red Face.