The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

deiseach

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

Was working so only got last five mins of match..Easy enough today was it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dubh driocht

Great result - nicely set up - if only crouchey had played like that all season.Arsenal seem to have lost it so lets make third place ours.

From the Bunker

Yeah, the Gunner Boys were reading to many Daily Sun's about how great there B side was before the season got serious. No medals are handed out in January. Still have a talented bunch, but needed a reality check. Beating two slapped together L'pool sides does not make you great. In fact beating two unslapped together L'pool sides side only ranks average. They are one for the future, but Leeds will tell you how that can fall apart!

J70

The Villa sleepwalk aside, today's match wasn't hugely different to recent performances against the likes of United and Barcelona - Liverpool just stuck a few in the net this time!

I don't think it matters much whether Liverpool finish third or fourth. At this stage, the priority has to be the Champions League quarter final and getting the five wins from the remaining seven league games to guarantee Champions League football next year.  Beyond that, if Arsenal win their game in hand and finish third, what difference does it make?

Dubh driocht

Syd The Sailor

Great performance yesterday, pity we could not be as prolific all season and it does not change my mind about the need for new strikers in the summer. I think Mascherano could be the steal of the season now that he isnt playing with a pile of wasters. I think in a year or two Agger will be the best central defender in the premiership.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

charlie stubbs

GOOD TO SEE RAFA HAS A HEADACHE FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAME!WILL BELLERS BE FIT AND IS MASCHERANO AVAILABLE?ID IMAGINE FINNAN WAS NOT IN THE SQUAD TEAM,AS RAFA WILL START HIM AT RIGHT BACK SAME WITH RIISE AND MOMO.ID IMAGINE IT WILL BE REINA,FINNAN,CARRAGHER,AGGER,RIISE,STEVIE,ALONSO,MOMO,AURELIO,CROUCH,KUYT?ANY THOUGHTS?THOUGH BELLERS WILL OFFER A THREAT INBEHIND THE DEFENCE.HARD TO DROP CROUCH AFTER WEEKEND AND IMO KUYT IS RAFAS NUMBER 1

supersarsfields

Only getting round to posting on this now. Good preformance by liverpool alright. Crouch was on top form and took the goals well. Was impressed with Aurelio as well. Had big doubts over him to be honest but his crosses were inch perfect for most of the game. And Mashcerano looks like he might unsettle Sissiko (sp). He can make the tackles and is also able to ball a ball over 10 yards. His ball over the top to Pennant for Crouch's third was great. Tho he just might not have the engin that Momo has.
But have to be honest I thought Arsenal were terrible in patches. I know Liverpool closed them down early and put pressure on them, but you'd still expect them to put up a better performance than that.
So fingers crossed we can hold out for 3rd place and maybe get a bit farther in that auld European cup thingy we seem to like so much!!

gawa316

Great result against the arse. We needed this after what they did to us in january. Big match tonight i reckon team will be something similar to the one that faced Barca.

Reina
Finnan, Carra, Agger, Arbeloa
Gerrard, Alonso, Masch, Riise
Kuyt, Bellamy

Crouch could come in for Bells if his ribs are still giving him jip

charlie stubbs

tink rafas main front 2 bellamy and kuyt.i was thinking the same.would def start crouch as we havent been fulla goals

gawa316

I would personally start Crouch, but ye know what Rafa is like. Kuyt is in there for his work rate and because he knows the dutch game inside out. Bells is in for his pace, which is essential in the away leg.

If i was picking the team I would have it a bit like saturdays line up. With Crouch up front and Gerrard supporting him (impossible to mark). I'd have Alonso and Masch (how could he not get in the west ham side?!) in the middle, breaking attacks up and controlling things. I'd slot Riise in at left back and have Aurelio in front of him, swinging in balls to Crouch to attack or lay off for a Stevie G thunderbolt. Finnan and Pennant on the right doing the same thing. But no doubt Rafa will think up some tactical masterplan nothing like what I have just mentioned

charlie stubbs

gawa u may be right as rafa has been known 2 play 1 up front in away european games.though i feel that playing 2 up front will help us get the vital away goal we crave especially with psv minus a few men 2nite.on the back of the mirror 2day it says rafa will be given 40 million during summer ;D this will mean we can go for top players not potential like gonzalez etc.aparantly eto'o the main target,with alves,deco and d bent also linked