The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2008, 03:42:57 PM
i happened to flick round to the footie last night and noticed a stat that came up during the match, Jammie Carragher, 40% success pass rate. sums it it for ya ::)

Milltown is going blind though because of other pursuits  :o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

maybe the 100% success thing was for forward passes ;D

he'd be a great rugy player, his passes always goes back, he usually kicks into touch,  and is great at the Garryowen. and to be fair a great tackler

corn02

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 02, 2008, 02:56:07 PM
it's 10 goals in 27 European Appearances

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/k/kuyt_47998.stm

No, is it not 10 in his lat 16 I meant. Superb ratio, doubt there is much better in the Champions League? I am being serious here, it is a great ratio.

stevo-08

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2008, 03:42:57 PM
i happened to flick round to the footie last night and noticed a stat that came up during the match, Jammie Carragher, 40% success pass rate. sums it it for ya ::)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/champions-league/2008-2009/liverpool-psv-253818.html

Jamie Carragher: Accurate Passes - 54, Bad Passes - 9. So more like 85% success rate, but close enough miltown  ::)

milltown row

brilliant stato, as i said i was flicking and that stat came up ;). how many were back to his keeper? doubt that stat would be there

corn02

A defender passing back to his 'keeper,madness.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2008, 04:23:42 PMhow many were back to his keeper? doubt that stat would be there

does those passes not count or something?

milltown row

highly entertaining lads, he's a quality attacking player, he proves that everytime he takes to the pitch. THE STAT CAME ON THE TV, I AINT MAKING IT UP

a lot of 'defending' going on here, playing the ball back to the keeper has been a trait of the pool for years, and with Jamie being a pool man, born and bred, he'll not change that stat.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2008, 04:43:44 PMhe's a quality attacking player, he proves that everytime he takes to the pitch.

what are you blethering about now?

supersarsfields

The stat that came up Milltown was 40 passes 100% completed. I'll admit I noticed it aswell as I was kinda surprised by how good it was for Carragher.  

milltown row

oh sorry lads, it was very badly arranged on tv. i'll take it all back

GalwayBayBoy

Mentalman

Been in the media the last few days, forgot to post:

Rafa - Agger not for sale
Reds boss rejects Real rumours

Last updated: 3rd October 2008

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has rejected reports linking Daniel Agger with a possible move to Real Madrid.

Reports had suggested that Real were lining up a move for the Danish central defender when the transfer window reopens in January.

Real's vice-president Jose Angel Sanchez was quoted as saying Agger was among their top targets as they look to bolster their defensive options.

Agger has struggled to reclaim his place in the Liverpool side this season after recovering from a foot injury which ruled him out for the majority of last term.

The 23-year-old's frustration at his lack of action has fuelled speculation over his future, but Benitez is adamant the highly-rated central defender is going nowhere.

Not for sale

"The situation is very simple, Daniel Agger is our player and he is not for sale," said Benitez on a statement issued on Liverpool's official website.

"His future is at Anfield and nowhere else. He knows my ideas because we have talked with him and he has a long future with us.

"We do not want to lose our concentration just before we play Manchester City by talking about other things but it is important that people know that Agger is not for sale."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4240427,00.html

Reputedly only 18-months left on his current deal, if he doesn't extend soon I imagine the pressure will be to move him on in January before he becomes a rapidly redepreciating asset.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Carmen Stateside

This will put pressure on Rafa now to play Agger imo.  Can see him getting an extended run in the team before christmas, but who makes way? left back seems to be the only position available at the moment despite my thoughts on Arbeloa,who in fairness has done well in the last few outings. 
Any team news for today?

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 05, 2008, 12:31:33 PM
This will put pressure on Rafa now to play Agger imo.  Can see him getting an extended run in the team before christmas, but who makes way? left back seems to be the only position available at the moment despite my thoughts on Arbeloa,who in fairness has done well in the last few outings. 
Any team news for today?

Skertel makes way for Agger....Better player....Agger's a better all round footballer than Carragher as well but i think Carragher is a better defensive wise...And i'm a gooner so keep on Skertel and carragher
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME