The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

QuoteStevie G was the only man that semed to be capable of taking a shot on the liverpool side. He played alright.

???

He did his usual David Copperfield trick against United!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

The Everton game has now become a must win game and could be tricky given that Torres is looking doubtfull and moral could not be good after a tanking from UTD....

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: EC Unique on March 26, 2008, 10:58:05 AM
The Everton game has now become a must win game and could be tricky given that Torres is looking doubtfull and moral could not be good after a tanking from UTD....

Torres wil play! Guaranteed!

All this talk of him being hurt was to deflect attention & to get him out of the Spain squad!

EC Unique

I thought it said on TV that he is with the Spain Squad?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: EC Unique on March 26, 2008, 11:10:12 AM
I thought it said on TV that he is with the Spain Squad?

Mustn't be too much wrong with him then!  ;)

EC Unique

It said he was with the Spain squad but was a major doubt for the Spain game and the Liverpool v Everton game but as you say could all be hype. Still a big ask to beat Everton.

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 26, 2008, 09:11:35 AM
QuoteStevie G was the only man that semed to be capable of taking a shot on the liverpool side. He played alright.

???

He did his usual David Copperfield trick against United!

He hasn't been great in the last few seasons against United, but to say he's never turned up against them is nonsense.

nrico2006

I suppose he did score against the great   Barthez many a year ago.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

supersarsfields

Haven't posted anything on this since the game. Was over in Canterbury with friends watching it in the pub. Have to say, as has been mentioned here, Liverpool weren't in the game at all. I have serious doubts about Skertel. I know it's early so I'll give him time but I don't think he's the answer to our problems in there. Just a pity that Agger is out now for the rest of the year.
The midfield wasn't really firing at all. Alonso looks out of sorts and his tackling leaves alot to be desired!! Masch mustn't have got any the night before cause he was as wound up as I've ever seen him. Deserved to be sent of but someone should have spoken to him (And not that lame attempt of Alonso's either). Gerrard tried but nothing was really coming of for him. I still have big hopes for babel. I believe his second year will be a big one. And then there's Kuyt. Thanks for the help Dirk, much appreciated last year but unless you get some sort of an eye back for a goal then cheerio!!

But I think all the doom and gloom merchants need to chill out a bit, it was one bad game. If you'd said to me eight games ago that we would win 7 and lose one to the champions elect I'd have bit your hand of. Liverpool had a good run there and one bad result doesn't undo all that hard work. As long as we can bounce back and get back to winning ways over Everton then happy days. Sure it would be nice to get a win over the auld enemy but a win this wkend is more important. We need to nail down that 4th spot then anything else is a bonus.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 26, 2008, 12:37:02 PM
I suppose he did score against the great   Barthez many a year ago.

I remember him having a great game at Old Trafford one year when he clipped a great ball through for Danny Murphy to score the winner.

Maybe we should just bring back Houllier for the United games? ;D

The Biff

Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

DirtyDozen12

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Minder

Now that was funny and was probably not that far from the truth,is it just me or does Rooney miss some amount of chances,i was gonna say he couldnt score in a brothel but then . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Rooney is missing a lot of one on ones at the moment, which is a real sign of a lad struggling for confidence in front of the net. However, you'd have to think he'll score a shot or something, and the goals will start coming again for him. Which is worrying.

Also, playing up front on his own doesn't suit him at all, but in fairness he's grafting away and getting better at it. It's not the position that made him his name though.

nrico2006

He has hit a barren spell goals wise, but is still playing well and set-up 2 of the goals on Sunday.  Once he nicks one the goals will come.  As mentioned, he is playing on his own up front, and he performed considerably better than the other striker on the pitch who was in the same role.