The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2008, 10:15:25 AM
Mental man he's hardly going to turn around and say he is a load of w**k and shouldn't be anywhere near a Liverpool team. 

For what it is worth he is a handy player but as Vickery says he is injury prone.  That is why he is better in CL games than in th Premier League as there is less contact and he can play ball.

You saying then that he wouldn't have lasted too long at Cross?

Mentalman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2008, 10:15:25 AM
Mental man he's hardly going to turn around and say he is a load of w**k and shouldn't be anywhere near a Liverpool team. 

For what it is worth he is a handy player but as Vickery says he is injury prone.  That is why he is better in CL games than in th Premier League as there is less contact and he can play ball.

To be fair he always gives his honest opinion when asked about players - he has no interest in courting Premier League teams or their players and isn't likely to show up as a yes man on Skysports as he makes his living in South America. When asked on his column about various players he frequently says whether they are good or not, or whether they wil make it in Europe etc.  - just look back over previous weeks. That's why I thought it was interesting he was so fulsome in his praise of Aurelio. Like yourself I think he's handy, great crosser, but can be bullied and can forget about his defending. Maybe if he gets a full preseason and avoids injuries we might see a bit more from him.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

bingobus

Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 30, 2008, 11:16:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7525297.stm

Gerrards gets at least one honour this season

Last weeks news. But at least he has an education now for when his career ends  ;)  :D

Chrisowc

Benni could be on his way back to the Hammers or Man City for £6m.  It seems Rafa is still looking to clear the decks to push forward the Barry deal.

Have also read over the last few days about Pennant £4m , Arbeloa £5m  & Verronin £6m could all be leaving.  I'd be astounded if he gets £6m for Verronin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/2473327/Liverpool%27s-Yossi-Benayoun-in-line-for-West-Ham-return.html

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

AZOffaly

I think you added in an extra 'm' behind the Voronin deal Chris. I'd be surprised if LFC got £6 for the Ukranian goldilocks.

Chrisowc

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 30, 2008, 12:31:00 PM
I think you added in an extra 'm' behind the Voronin deal Chris. I'd be surprised if LFC got £6 for the Ukranian goldilocks.

;D

Chrisowc

I think there are a few German clubs interested.  But sure Saxon are popular there too!

Stalin

Benayoun said a few weeks ago -after seeking assurances from Rafa- that he didnt want to leave, I wonder has the situation changed now with Rafa looking to raise funds. Apparently Arbeloa wants to return home for personal reasons (something about a priest?), but will not be allowed to leave, at least at this stage. Wouldnt be wile surprised if he did leave though in this current climate.

Hope Voronin goes, obv would like to get a few bob for him, but for me its far more important that he just goes. Honestly dont want to see him in a Liverpool jersey ever again.

Think the Villareal match is on SS1 tonight. Pepe has been given time off I think to go and celebrate his new born with the wife.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Chrisowc

Quote from: Stalin on July 30, 2008, 12:42:47 PM
Benayoun said a few weeks ago -after seeking assurances from Rafa- that he didnt want to leave, I wonder has the situation changed now with Rafa looking to raise funds. Apparently Arbeloa wants to return home for personal reasons (something about a priest?), but will not be allowed to leave, at least at this stage. Wouldnt be wile surprised if he did leave though in this current climate.

Hope Voronin goes, obv would like to get a few bob for him, but for me its far more important that he just goes. Honestly dont want to see him in a Liverpool jersey ever again.

Think the Villareal match is on SS1 tonight. Pepe has been given time off I think to go and celebrate his new born with the wife.

The irony being that this game is part of his transfer deal.

Hound

I don't think Liverpool particularly want to sell Benayoun - but it seems an unsolicited bid from Man City has come in, and that if we are selling West Ham might also be interested. So be interesting to see what happens. Pennant seems likely to join Blackburn if the Bentley to Spurs move goes through. Buy a good winger for £10m or £12m to replace the two of them might be a decent idea (if we can find one!).

I think Voronin's been treated pretty harshly by a lot of Liverpool fans. He did quite well in his first couple of months as a support striker. But then was played out wide a few times and was really shíte, and that combined with injuries resulted in a loss of confidence. He cost nothing and I doubt he's on big money, so I think he's fine as 3rd or 4th choice striker. Not that I'd turn down a bid of £5m or £6m...

The Villareal friendly is on Sky Sports tonight alright. Plenty of reserves in the squad, and Nemeth and Ngog should see some action for the first time. Keane has travelled to Spain, but dunno whether he'll be involved.

corn02

The fact that he has even travelled will make me watch just in case.

For me all we need is one winger and that should be the spending. I was hoping for Bentley but if we got Silva and forgot about Barry I would be content, although I think Barry would be excellent, I don't rate him as necessary.

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on July 30, 2008, 02:14:59 PM
The fact that he has even travelled will make me watch just in case.

Which might be one of the reasons he has travelled!!

The headline on the LFC website is "Nemeth to play tonight" and it says Ngog and Keane may also figure. If Keane was really going to be playing I'd imagine the headline would be different!

According to this dude we have finally agreed to buy Barry. £17.5 million plus Finnan = £19m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1039828/INSIDER-EXCLUSIVE-Liverpool-Villa-finally-agree-19m-deal-Gareth-Barry-England-star-secures-Anfield-move.html

corn02

Read that aan hour ago Hound and thought exactly the sawem thing, pretty much ensures Keane won't start.

Gabriel_Hurl

So is this how we line up for the season / our strongest XI?

-----------------------Reina-------------------------

-----------Skrtel-------------Agger ---------------

Carragher-------------------------------------Dossena-

-------------Mascherano------------Allonso----------

-----Gerrard------------------------------- Babel----

---------------------Keane-----------------------

-------------------------Torres--------------------