The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Barnsley @ Anfield - you'd have to be happy with that

AZOffaly

We're getting steeped in this cup limp. (I can't use the phrase cup run this season).

Having said that, the performances against Luton away and Havant and Waterlooville would see Barnsley knocking Liverpool out at Anfield.

nifan

good bye momo.
I never liked him as a player i have to say, but you couldnt fault the effort.

Good money for a player who can not pass the length of himself

stevo-08

£8.2m for sissoko!!!! great news. they should give rafa a medal for that bit of business.

Minder

I have always been a critic of Sissoko's footballing ability but nobody could fault him for effort, he always emptied the tank..... Perhaps if Kewell etc took a leaf out of his book.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stevo-08

Quote from: Minder on January 29, 2008, 01:51:09 PM
I have always been a critic of Sissoko's footballing ability but nobody could fault him for effort, he always emptied the tank..... Perhaps if Kewell etc took a leaf out of his book.

totally agree. and he was excellent in his first season. but we just cant carry lads who are full of effort anymore - kuyt, another prime example. if we could get 8.2m for kuyt, i'd drive him to the airport myself.

the less said about kewell the better.

stiffler

Momo wasnt the same player after that eye injury he received against benfica. 

I think he had triple vision since then, may explain his mis kicks and mis timed challenges!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

AZOffaly

As someone said, his second touch is always a tackle! Harsh but fair :D

He tried like a divil, but in fairness he had the first touch of a bull elephant. He was probably 5th choice midfielder behind Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano and Lucas.

GalwayBayBoy

Good luck to Momo. We got a very good price for him in fairness.

As someone said he was never the same after that serious eye injury. Don't know whether it affected his vision permanently or his confidence suffered but he never got back to the level he played at in his first 18 months.

corn02

Good price for Momo, will always remeber the Fa Cup final but sadly your shit.

This thread is now very depressing, I read Magpie Seanies comment on us being thieves for getting that money for him and laughed out lout, bad sign.

EC Unique

Quote from: stevo-08 on January 29, 2008, 01:45:45 PM
£8.2m for sissoko!!!! great news. they should give rafa a medal for that bit of business.

The only medal he would be getting for a while to come :D :D :D

gawa316

Team for Tonight

Reina
Finnan, Hyppia, Carra, Aurelio
Benayoun, Gerrard, Alonso, Kewell
Torres, Kuyt

How the f**k does Kewell , aurelio and kuyt keep getting picked?!!

under the bar

Quote£8.2m for sissoko!!!! great news. they should give rafa a medal for that bit of business.

Little or nothin to do with Benitez I'd expect, probably Rick Parry.  Amazing price for one of the worst midfielders in the premiership all the same!