The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 11, 2007, 09:42:45 PM
Comfortable victory, but they shouldnt have needed a win here tonight, it was an easy enough group. Still we are through to the next round and that is all that matters. Who said we wouldnt make it ?

I did, but then you started whingeing and redirecting me to the rules of the board ::)

tintin25

Lads, no need for the slabbering as to who would make the man u/liverpool teams. I'm happy with our current team (Man u) as I'm sure them pool fams are with theirs! Let's just wait til Sunday!  ;)

mackers

Torres is the best signing Liverpool have made in years, no decades!! When you consider that Liverpool have played Utd off the park on the last number of meetings and couldn't stick the ball in the net, Torres will obviously be the key on Sunday. That along with an improved performance by Stevie (he hasn't played well in this tie for some time). Last night's result also puts the substitutions on Saturday in prospective, the match was lost at the time and the team had a huge week ahead. As somebody mentioned earlier, I don't think the 'Pool can get Manure, Arsenal, or Chelsea so surely they're looking down the barrell at a choice of AC, Real Madrid or Barcelona!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bingobus

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 12, 2007, 09:11:25 AM
Carrick, Nani, Anderson, Brown, O'Shea, Fletch & Saha don't get on the storngest UTD team!!

I said I liked Carragher...but nobody in their right mind can say he's better than Ferdinand!

By the way, Evra, Saha, Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani & Brown would have got on that pool team last night!

evra for Riise, Brown for Hyypia, Nani for Benayoun, Anderson for Kewell, Saha for Kuyt & Hargreaves for Neil Lennon!

I wouldn't compare Carra and Rio (and certainly wouldn;t swap Carra for Rio). Carra would be more like Vidic or John Terry. Rio is not half the footballer that he should be unless he has this type of player along side him. Since Vidic has settled he has looked more assured, as he knows that Vidic will do the hard, physical work and put his head in the nasty places. Rio brings composure on the ball, pace and reading of the game to the party. If he has to do the other work he can be exposed.

For Carra, Agger is the Rio of the partnership.

As Tintin Said I'm happy with our pair and I'm sure that Manyoo are happy with their lot.

I was in two minds at start of season if we should have went for Tevez or Torres. Any doubts have been blown away. Torres any day.

Masch is equally the footballer that Carrick, Hargreaves or Anderson. Finnan likewise with Neville, Brown or whoever may be RB at united.

SeanSouth

Never had any doubt we would win the final 3 games but we will soon see the consequences for f**king about earlier in the group when the draw is made. Milan, Madrid or Barcelona i would imagine, i would take Milan any day of the week the way they are playing now. United will probably get Olympiacos........

Kentucky Blue

Hopefully last night's form can be carried into Sunday. Would be confident of gettin the win but wont be easy.
prediction; Liverpool 2
               United 1

1.30 kick off

full back

Raiders target Gerrard's mansion 

Steven Gerrard was playing football in Marseille at the time
Steven Gerrard has become the sixth Liverpool football player to be burgled while playing away from home.
The 27-year-old's wife Alex Curran, who was in the property at the time of the incident, was left shaken following the raid in Formby, Merseyside.

Merseyside Police have described the incident on Tuesday night as a "confrontational burglary".

The England star was away playing in the Champions League against Marseille at the time of the incident.

It is not known if the player's children were in the property when the raid took place.

The incident is the latest burglary targeting members of the Liverpool team while they are away playing for the club or on international duty.

Porsche stolen

Three weeks ago, striker Dirk Kuyt's home in Woolton was targeted by thieves while he was away on international duty with Holland.

The Merseyside home of former Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek, was raided during the Champions League final penalty shoot-out in June 2006. Current goalkeeper Pepe Reina was also burgled while he played for Liverpool in last May's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

His Porsche was taken during the raid and later found burnt-out in west Derby.

Defender Daniel Agger had his home in Caldy, Wirral, burgled in September last year and striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

gawa316

Quote from: full back on December 12, 2007, 11:52:02 AM
Raiders target Gerrard's mansion 

Steven Gerrard was playing football in Marseille at the time
Steven Gerrard has become the sixth Liverpool football player to be burgled while playing away from home.
The 27-year-old's wife Alex Curran, who was in the property at the time of the incident, was left shaken following the raid in Formby, Merseyside.

Merseyside Police have described the incident on Tuesday night as a "confrontational burglary".

The England star was away playing in the Champions League against Marseille at the time of the incident.

It is not known if the player's children were in the property when the raid took place.

The incident is the latest burglary targeting members of the Liverpool team while they are away playing for the club or on international duty.

Porsche stolen

Three weeks ago, striker Dirk Kuyt's home in Woolton was targeted by thieves while he was away on international duty with Holland.

The Merseyside home of former Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek, was raided during the Champions League final penalty shoot-out in June 2006. Current goalkeeper Pepe Reina was also burgled while he played for Liverpool in last May's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

His Porsche was taken during the raid and later found burnt-out in west Derby.

Defender Daniel Agger had his home in Caldy, Wirral, burgled in September last year and striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

Feckin scummy bluenose feckers!! ;)

nrico2006

Quotegoats ur a madman, only rooney, vidic and ronaldo wud get on the liverpool team, the likes of carrick, hargreaves, nani, anderson, evra, brown, oshea, fletcher and saha wudnt even get in the squad....
As for carragher ur sayn he cant be a gud centre back becuz this wasnt always his position.... if thats the case henry cant be much of a striker, sure he was a winger til arsene tried him upfront!

What a load of cow dung!!  Van Der Sar is a better keper for one, although I would like Reina for penalties.  You trying to say Scholes wouldn't get into the liverpool team?  I can honestly say that the only certs from the pool team that would make Uniteds would be Torres, who looks a class apart.  Hargreaves is as good a holding midfielder as there is, while Nani and Anderson have shown glimpses of their talent but take into account their age etc.  There is no better raiding right full-back in the Premiership than Neville, and Evra is a great attacking option at left back.  Stevie G shines from his little cameos or free kick drives, but there is surely a reason he is played spare or on the right, he simply cannot dominate a midfield the way Keane, Viera or Scholes have done.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

myball22

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the Liverpool defence, they are consistently one of the best defences in the league and in Europe. Vidic is a good player (don't forget he was a Benitez tagrget first but got outmuscled in the transfer market)  but I don't trust Rio Ferdinand. He is always liable to lose concentration, see drogba in the FA Cup final.

Mascherano is easily a better player than Hargreaves, Carrick and Anderson. I think Anderson may become a better player in a few years but he is not as good as Mascherano now. mascherano had kaka in his pocket in last years CL final, he only set up Inzaghi for the 2nd goal after he was taken off. Kaka destroyed Utd twice in the semi-final.

Also, I don't think Liverpool have to anything to fear in AC, Barca or Real. They were better than AC for large parts of that CL final without any cutting edge, we did beat barca over two legs last year and Real could be unplayable or a disaster or anything in between. A lot depends on form and injuries in Feb and March.

bingobus

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 12, 2007, 12:46:20 PM
Quotegoats ur a madman, only rooney, vidic and ronaldo wud get on the liverpool team, the likes of carrick, hargreaves, nani, anderson, evra, brown, oshea, fletcher and saha wudnt even get in the squad....
As for carragher ur sayn he cant be a gud centre back becuz this wasnt always his position.... if thats the case henry cant be much of a striker, sure he was a winger til arsene tried him upfront!

What a load of cow dung!!  Van Der Sar is a better keper for one, although I would like Reina for penalties.  You trying to say Scholes wouldn't get into the liverpool team?  I can honestly say that the only certs from the pool team that would make Uniteds would be Torres, who looks a class apart.  Hargreaves is as good a holding midfielder as there is, while Nani and Anderson have shown glimpses of their talent but take into account their age etc.  There is no better raiding right full-back in the Premiership than Neville, and Evra is a great attacking option at left back.  Stevie G shines from his little cameos or free kick drives, but there is surely a reason he is played spare or on the right, he simply cannot dominate a midfield the way Keane, Viera or Scholes have done.

;D That is your opinion and I respectfully exercise my right to laugh out loud at it and wish you well in your years ahead as a RTE pundit with messers Dunphy and Giles.  ::)

full back

Van Der Sar
Neville (when fit, if ever) / Finnan
Carragher
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Gerrard
Scholes
Tevez
Torres
Rooney

SeanSouth

I wonder was Alex Curran alone when this burglary took place.....cats away and all that.......

Abble

Quote from: full back on December 12, 2007, 01:03:37 PM
Van Der Sar
Neville (when fit, if ever) / Finnan
Carragher
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Gerrard
Scholes
Tevez
Torres