Sigerson Cup 2009

Started by Our Nail Loney, January 28, 2009, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stronghold

Poly and Ranch play on Wednesday 14th Oct in Jordanstown.  Don't know time yet but most likely 2pm or 2.30pm

Gold

any truth in the rumour that donegal's jimmy mcguiness is back at the poly to do a pgce?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

INDIANA

Quote from: Gold on October 01, 2009, 10:53:18 PM
any truth in the rumour that donegal's jimmy mcguiness is back at the poly to do a pgce?

Sure maybe parkinson will join him ;D

Doogie Browser

Reminds me of the Rodney Dangerfield film 'Back to School'!

tyrone86

Quote from: stronghold on October 01, 2009, 09:18:55 PM
Poly and Ranch play on Wednesday 14th Oct in Jordanstown.  Don't know time yet but most likely 2pm or 2.30pm

Cheers chief.

stronghold

Don't know what you have against Jim Mc Guinness. Spent five years in Third level (a lot less than alot of others), two in Tralee and three in jtown. Left with a certificate in Coaching, Degree in Sports Science . He has a masters and I think is close to becoming Dr Jim Mc Guinness.  He started late for very good reasons, the death of his brother in a car crash that he too was involved in.
Has done very well for himself and is one of the best younger coaches in the business.

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: stronghold on October 02, 2009, 05:46:15 PM

Don't know what you have against Jim Mc Guinness. Spent five years in Third level (a lot less than alot of others), two in Tralee and three in jtown. Left with a certificate in Coaching, Degree in Sports Science . He has a masters and I think is close to becoming Dr Jim Mc Guinness.  He started late for very good reasons, the death of his brother in a car crash that he two was involved in.
Has done very well for himself and is one of the best younger coaches in the business.

excellent post.
fair play to the man for having the courage to go back to college later on than usual

Donagh

Any truth in the rumor that Cathal O'Rourke is taking over Queen's?

quit yo jibbajabba

good man for pointing that out stronghold; i must confess i was under the impression he was one of these "eternal students" you run into from time to time;

i'll be happy to point this out to guys next time he comes up in conversations

oakleafgael

Quote from: Donagh on October 09, 2009, 10:00:34 AM
Any truth in the rumor that Cathal O'Rourke is taking over Queen's?

Confirmed in the I.N. this morning. You can safely rule them out for the sigerson this year.

marym

Billy Morgan has taken over at UCC. CIT have nearly all their winning team back this year. Kerrigan Goulding , Carey and Colm O Neill. UCC have a lot of Cork's under 21 team from last year along with Ml Shields.

DownFanatic

Conor McManus, Ryan Keenan, Mark Goettsche, Enda Kenny, Charlie Vernon and Sean O'Neill have all joined UUJ.

TBH Queens looked fucked as do St Marys.

ExiledGael

Mark Goettsche? Who is he?
Conor McManus is some addition the way he's playing the last 12 months.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 09, 2009, 06:44:54 PM

From Galway by way of Germany. Was on a few underage Galway teams. Never really made the breakthrough onto the senior panel though.

shark

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 09, 2009, 07:01:25 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on October 09, 2009, 06:44:54 PM

From Galway by way of Germany. Was on a few underage Galway teams. Never really made the breakthrough onto the senior panel though.

Was on the NUIG team the past few years.  NUIG have the vast majority of last years team available again.  Only lost semi to CIT by 1 point.