it live on tg4 if ya can get it!!lol
Ard Mhacha Abu

Uladh

armagh leg-end

cit won by 5pts.

full time score 1-15 to 1-10
Ard Mhacha Abu

Zulu

Decent game and CIT were fully deserving winners, they missed 3 gilt edge goal chances in the first half and had the more balanced team overall. In saying that the injured players and Vaughan could have made the difference and they did have a great goal chance with 7 or 8 minutes left that would have brought them right back into it. O'Sullivan at center back was a deserving MOM and Goulding was lethal from frees, today was just reward for CIT who are putting a savage amount of work into the GAA down there and DIT look like they mightn't have too wait too long for their first Sigerson either, they are a growing powerhouse in colleges GAA.

magpie seanie

Just my tuppence worth on the "argument". Anyone who thinks a Sigerson medal comes remotely close to an All-Ireland club medal is off their rocker. Especially these days with so many "courses" and ways to sign lads up. The competition - while a high standard and meaninful to those involved - really has little integrity. A glorified inter firms competition. On the other hand imagine winning an All-Ireland medal with lads you have played football with for about 20 years since ye were hardly able to kick the ball out of your way? No comparison.

Zulu

This idea that you've grown up playing with all your club mates is nonsense, Cian O'Sullivan for example is only 19 so he has kicked very little ball with Ray Cosgrove and could very well be much better mates with a lot of his college team mates than he is with some of his club team mates. Anyone who hasn't been involved with Sigerson or Fitz can't appreciate the effort and bonds that grow between all involved. Nobody is saying winning a Sigerson is better than winning an AI with your club but it is a very important competition to those involved and the GAA in general. Only someone who doesn't know Sigerson fotball would describe it as 'a glorified inter firms' and is very insulting to someone like myself who has put a massive amount of time into college football. If you wanted to you could degenerate any GAA competition except the AI senior football championship but to do so would miss the point entirely.

ddc1990

So disappointed. Great start from DIT. 1-3 to 0-1.
Maurice Deegan gave us f-all after that. I mean we kept Kerrigan, Goulding, O'Neill and Cahilane to 3 points from play!!! But 8 free's for Goulding. CIT went to ground as soon as they won the ball, and Deegan blew everytime. Having said that they missed 3 goal chances and could well have won by more.
Gutted, but will be back next year.

PS Well done INDIANA, good good day for you. Spend it wisely.  :D  :D  :D

Tatler Jack

QuoteMaurice Deegan gave us f-all after that

To be honest I thought ref did a good job. Maybe CIT got a couple of soft frees in first half but could have got a few more in second. Better and more skilful team won.  CHB deserved MoM - is he in the Kerry senior panel?

ddc1990

Quote from: descartes on March 01, 2009, 01:10:43 AM
CIT deserved to win. felt sorry for DIT. was talking to their physio and he told me they were decimated with injuries.

Barry Moran (Mayo) hamstring
Paul Brogan dublin cruciate knee injury in the semi on fri
Paul Flynn Dublin suspected fracture to his ankle after 15 minutes of the final
Colin Daly Dublin quad injury, started the game but was badly hampered, hobbled through the last 15 minutes of the 1st half, subbed at half time.

all the above are on their senior county panels, except brogan who was only recovering from a cruciate injury, but was on the dublin team this time last year when he got injured for the first time.

throw in Mark Vaughan not playing and some other lad i'd never heard of that he mentioned to me and its a lot to have to deal with. All the above players are forwards too he said so things really went against them over the last week, they ended up playing a couple of corner backs in the forwards.. one of whom actually scored two points.

Yeah, we started the second half with:
Donnacha Reilly a CHB playing CHF
Daniel Graham a corner back playing wing forward.
Niall Coughlan a Midfielder Playing Full Forward
and Darragh Breathnach a Corner Back playing Corner Forward.

It showed when we got to the 45, no one was confident enough to have a shot. With the wind, that killed us. Also Daniel Gouldings freetaking! What an amazing talent, the free's may have been soft but boy did he take advantage.
As for the Referee, stats don't lie. 8 free kicks in kickable position for CIT. 3 to DIT. 3 or 4 Yellow Cards to DIT. None to CIT.
Not saying that some of our yellow cards wern't deserved. Niall O'Shea and Darragh Breathnach hit their guys late and deserved the cards but a lot of CIT fouls went unpunished.

As for Aiden O'Shea being on the Kerry panel. I don't think so. He was on the U-21 panel last year at Wing-Forward.
Interesting to note 12 of the CIT players had U-21 All Ireland medels. Class Team and Well Done to them.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Zulu on February 28, 2009, 05:37:12 PM
This idea that you've grown up playing with all your club mates is nonsense, Cian O'Sullivan for example is only 19 so he has kicked very little ball with Ray Cosgrove and could very well be much better mates with a lot of his college team mates than he is with some of his club team mates. Anyone who hasn't been involved with Sigerson or Fitz can't appreciate the effort and bonds that grow between all involved. Nobody is saying winning a Sigerson is better than winning an AI with your club but it is a very important competition to those involved and the GAA in general. Only someone who doesn't know Sigerson fotball would describe it as 'a glorified inter firms' and is very insulting to someone like myself who has put a massive amount of time into college football. If you wanted to you could degenerate any GAA competition except the AI senior football championship but to do so would miss the point entirely.

Get me my violin.

I'm sorry if you took insult at my comments but I stand over them. 

muppet

In club land though he could have served mass at his wedding, gone to school with his brother and been chased out of an orchard by his father.

No comparison between the two.

I don't always agree with Colm O'Rourke but I did when he wrote: Club, County, Country.

He didn't include college though it would even have fitted the alliteration.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 01, 2009, 11:01:27 PM

Get me my violin.

I'm sorry if you took insult at my comments but I stand over them. 

You re entitled to stand over them but they dont stand up in my opinion. Or in my experience. I m sure a lot of people enjoyed their College s football as much or more than their club. I know I did anyway by a long shot. There can be cartels, favouritism and cliques within clubs. I found there was better comraderie and respect among the student set-up. And the football was a step up. Then it depends on the individuals circumstances and individual experience.