Sigerson Cup 2009

Started by Our Nail Loney, January 28, 2009, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: INDIANA on February 27, 2009, 03:34:06 PM
I take it then GAA you concede that Cross pulled Paul kernan for the Sigerson because he didn't play on Feb5th either. Or maybe that was too close as well? At least then I've pointed out to people its not unique to Dublin.
Joe Canning already has 2 all-ireland medals the crokes lads have none. Makes things a little bit easier when you know you've 2 sitting at home.

Mattock don't get started on Dublin schools because thats a debate you won't win. Pray tell me how you expect a school in Dublin of 350 pupils to compete with country community colleges of over 1000 pupils. Thanks.
I

probably the same way people expect tyrone (population 166,516) to compete with dublin (population 1,661,185) hmm roughly ten times the population as opposed to 3 times with your dublin and country school comparison. population isnt the be all and end all when it comes to success on the pitch, there are many more factors

INDIANA

Tyrone has no rugby, little soccer or hurling. Dublin has all of those to compete with. Its not like with like. Plus the fact a lot of parents send their kids to private school in Dublin who largely play rugby. Gaa is now played in these schools but is miles off being where it has to be. Anyway thats way off the poiint of the thread.

Rossfan

45% of the population of Tyrone wouldnt be "GAA minded" ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: Rossfan on February 27, 2009, 07:12:54 PM
45% of the population of Tyrone wouldnt be "GAA minded" ;)

what he said  ;)

tyrone have alot more to compete with in this regard than dublin with rugy, soccer etc...

The GAA

Quote from: INDIANA on February 27, 2009, 06:10:19 PM
I will concede on that point. Never let it be said I was a sore loser ;D ;D

Apology accepted

The GAA

Quote from: INDIANA on February 27, 2009, 07:08:44 PM
Tyrone has no rugby, little soccer or hurling. Dublin has all of those to compete with. Its not like with like. Plus the fact a lot of parents send their kids to private school in Dublin who largely play rugby. Gaa is now played in these schools but is miles off being where it has to be. Anyway thats way off the poiint of the thread.

You don't know much about tyrone either by the sounds of it

INDIANA

I know that their schools have a better chance of comepting than ours. You lot don't know much about Dublin either it seems.

The GAA

Just about enough, i don't go around professing to be an expert though.

No rugby in Tyrone! are you lhaving a laugh?

very little soccer? ever heard of dungannon swifts or omagh town? do you know how many players tyrone would lose to soccer?

Tatler Jack

What time is the final today?

ddc1990

3 o'clock as far as i know. Coverage on TG4 at 2:45.
Can't wait... Come on DIT  ;) ;) ;)

Zulu

Should be a great game but I think DIT have injuries and with Vaughan missing they'll be up against it. Wacth out for Colm O'Neill at corner forward for CIT, he's a smashing player and a future Cork senior IMO, Sean O'Hare at midfield from Waterford is another CIT player that has had a great season so far.

stibhan

Tyrone lost one of their best prospects to soccer, a player who is now turning out for Celtic reserves. McCullagh didn't play for a few years because he was playing soccer as well. I think Tyrone even lost Shane Sweeney to farming duties a few years back and he was a decent member of their squad. With McGinn though, it's been said that he's one of the best players for his age in Ireland.

Uladh

An Laoch

CIT 0-8 1-4 DIT 29 mins played

DIT went 1-3 to 0-0 up

armagh leg-end

Ard Mhacha Abu