Sigerson Cup 2009

Started by Our Nail Loney, January 28, 2009, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Redhandfan on February 07, 2009, 12:41:56 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 06, 2009, 09:54:03 PM

dont rate him that highly myself, when i see him line out for tyrone im happy enough. 

What a really stupid statement to make....unless charlie stubbs thinks he knows more about Colm Cavanagh than Mickey Harte does!

I might be a little biased of course but, having watched Colm play week in week out for the Moy, I am convinced he has what it takes to make it at the highest level.  Not only is he a great target man while playing at full forward, he is also a very useful man to have further outfield.  I happen to think that centrefield is his best position.  He has turned in some magnificent displays for the club as a midfielder.

i commended his performance on wednesday. mickey harte has made mistake before few yes but he is human.i was pointing out that cavanagh hasnt impressed me whenever i have saw him and that as an armagh man there are other people i would rather not have on the field than cavanagh.

he is young and canimprove and there is evidence of that from last wed. didnt do much in sigerson few years back at the dub?  so i dont think my statement is stupid. 

there is a difference between making sigerson grade and county senior.  peter donnelly would be a prime example.  players like dan mccartan, marl lynch, mickey mcnamee(granted hasnt been given chance) have won sigerson allstars but havent really made an impact for county.

thought this board was 4 opinions but you obv no netter than me. 

corn02

Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 08, 2009, 08:49:56 PM
Quote from: Redhandfan on February 07, 2009, 12:41:56 AM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 06, 2009, 09:54:03 PM

dont rate him that highly myself, when i see him line out for tyrone im happy enough. 

What a really stupid statement to make....unless charlie stubbs thinks he knows more about Colm Cavanagh than Mickey Harte does!

I might be a little biased of course but, having watched Colm play week in week out for the Moy, I am convinced he has what it takes to make it at the highest level.  Not only is he a great target man while playing at full forward, he is also a very useful man to have further outfield.  I happen to think that centrefield is his best position.  He has turned in some magnificent displays for the club as a midfielder.

i commended his performance on wednesday. mickey harte has made mistake before few yes but he is human.i was pointing out that cavanagh hasnt impressed me whenever i have saw him and that as an armagh man there are other people i would rather not have on the field than cavanagh.

he is young and canimprove and there is evidence of that from last wed. didnt do much in sigerson few years back at the dub?  so i dont think my statement is stupid. 

there is a difference between making sigerson grade and county senior.  peter donnelly would be a prime example.  players like dan mccartan, marl lynch, mickey mcnamee(granted hasnt been given chance) have won sigerson allstars but havent really made an impact for county.

thought this board was 4 opinions but you obv no netter than me. 

How dare you give an opinion, obviously stupid.

Winnie Peg

I have viewed a lot of the messages and read many of the reports of Wednesday's game. As a Queen's old boy, I must admit to being very disappointed at what I saw. I had been told that this was one of the best Queen's teams ever, they were outplayed in every aspect of the game and were out thought obviously before the game and during the game on and off the field of play. I was also disappointed with the behaviour of some the players when it was obvious that we weren't going to win, this was never the Queen's way! Also, would it not have been possible to have had a scoreboard and a path to the playing field that would not have had us covered in muc, surely we have lagged behind the times and have not moved on since my time and that is not today or yesterday.
Good luck to UUJ in the remainder of the competitrion, you looked a well trained and organised team.

Winnie Peg

Whendoes Jordanstown play St. Mary's and where is it?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Winnie Peg on February 10, 2009, 08:00:17 PM

St. Marys have to play NUIG before its decided who face UUJ. Its on tomorrow in Mullahorn.

charlie stubbs

near sure winner nuig/ranch play poly next wed

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 10, 2009, 08:46:58 PM

Where?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: corn02 on February 07, 2009, 01:38:31 PM

He hasn't done anything of significant note

Indeed. Other than getting the clinching score in the All-Ireland Senior football final and winning an All-Ireland minor title as well he has done nothing of any significant note :P.

Karl Kennedy

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 10, 2009, 08:56:58 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 10, 2009, 08:46:58 PM

Where?

If it was to be St. Mary's v UUJ you would imagine Casement Park would be the venue although they should look for the Dub as it's hard to beat for College matches!

St. Mary's still have to win tomorrow although the prospect of playing the Poly should drive them on!

Tommy Tight Lips

have my doubts on whether the ranch will win,havent much of a pedigree for winning tight sigerson games in recent times,been a long time since they've had a run in the competition but as pointed out surely a game against the poly would be great motivation.not sure whos at home for the next round.if its jordanstown casement would look like the best option but if its a st marys home fixture you could maybe see the game at st.pauls.like charlie im near sure that game will be next wednesday.

bennydorano

What price are NUIG today?  Must have a good chance.

Our Nail Loney

St Marys 8-13 NUIG 6-4
UCD 8-11 UL 5-4

Our Nail Loney

Fancy a UL, NUIG double there today...

Pays just over 9/2, £5.63 for a £1

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ccosgrave

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 11, 2009, 10:24:02 AM
St Marys 8-13 NUIG 6-4
UCD 8-11 UL 5-4

:o I thought you were posting the results from those matches for a minute there