2009 Grand Slam Champions

Started by Dinny Breen, January 27, 2009, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Hope they can do it but have a nagging feeling that they may just come up short on the day but turn out to be champions

Gnevin

Quote from: YogiBear on March 20, 2009, 01:34:19 PM
Just quick question is Ireland only team that sings their national anthem in a foreign language?  Wales by 10
Repeat after me

O flower of Scotland
When will we see
Your like again
That fought and died for
Your wee bit hill and glen
And stood against him
Proud Edward's army
And sent him homeward
Tae think again
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Onlooker

My forecast is Wales to win the match and the Triple Crown, but Ireland to win the Championship on points difference.

C_Berg_316

Think we should win it - im gona say 28-15 Ireland - we have the players and if 1-15 and any replacements that come on play to their full potential and dont make any stupid mistakes hopefully it'll end a long 61 years and a decade of being the nearly men in the 6 nations.
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

A Quinn Martin Production

The Saffers anthem is in four languages!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

mc_grens

how about being 13 down with 10 minutes left, only to win a miracle match style  victory with 2 late converted tries?

Too much to ask after 61 years?

johnneycool

Really worried about this one, a defeat is on the cards but hoepfully only by 5 points or so!!

mrsandman

John Hayes at 4/1 to shed a tear during the anthems, thats a price you couldn't turn down
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

billy the kid

Quote from: mrsandman on March 20, 2009, 03:27:58 PM
John Hayes at 4/1 to shed a tear during the anthems, thats a price you couldn't turn down

Wouldnt touch that one lad, Its an away game so our national anthem wont be playing and that is what brings out the passion in the big fella. Suppose he could be bored to tears listening to that Irelands call shite.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

muppet

Quote from: mc_grens on March 20, 2009, 03:07:04 PM
how about being 13 down with 10 minutes left, only to win a miracle match style  victory with 2 late converted tries?

Too much to ask after 61 years?

No thank you.

Early lead with a few O'Gara penalties. Breakthrough with a try just before halftime (O'Driscoll/D'Arcy leading candidates).

Second half contain wound up Dragon run from everywhere until another Ireland try (forwards try say Wallace) finally breaks the resistance.

Welsh get late consolation try, we win by about 10. Everyone happy.  ;D

No miracles matches.
MWWSI 2017

liihb

Lads stuck in the US, nowhere near and Irish bar....is there any way to stream the game does anyone know?
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

bcarrier

Heading to cardiff in morning.

Last ireland game I was at there ROG won it with a drop goal at the death...

gawa316

Quote from: liihb on March 20, 2009, 05:35:58 PM
Lads stuck in the US, nowhere near and Irish bar....is there any way to stream the game does anyone know?

Try justin.tv quality might not be great but better than nothing

Bord na Mona man

The last week has worked out well for Ireland.
With only a 7 day turnaround between games and a national holiday in between, the Grand Slam hype hasn't managed to get out of control.
Comments like Gatland's, Guscott's and a few other former players are great material for Kidney to focus his players.
Much of the talk is of Ireland being undeserving winners is exactly what we need. Not hyperbole about golden generations and Ireland reaching their destiny.

I think it was the right decision to bring back in O'Leary. He's a better tackler for starters - an O'Gara-Stringer channel would be targetted, and a better kicker also.
I'd expect Ireland to use a lot of Garryowens. Lee Byrne dropped a couple against the French and should be tested. It would be good to keep the Welsh back 3 constantly going back to mop up ball rather than have them hovering near the gain line.
An open game of passing rugby would suit the Welsh, so best thing to do is play it tight and tactical.

Yes I Would

These arrogant sheep shaggin welsh c***ts need taken down a peg or two, and agree some of the comments this week should help provide the spur to cary this off.
Defeat is not an option.  Henson, Byrne & co should really get their ribs tickled hard in the first ten minutes! See who really wants it most!!
Think we will take them by 5 or 6 pts!