2009 Grand Slam Champions

Started by Dinny Breen, January 27, 2009, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Any chance this muppet on BBC will stop calling Heymans 'Vincent Clerc', even when Heymans is scoring tries!?  :o ::)

FermPundit

Quote from: AFS on February 27, 2009, 09:14:28 PM
Any chance this muppet on BBC will stop calling Heymans 'Vincent Clerc', even when Heymans is scoring tries!?  :o ::)

I had to turn it over to RTE. With the 8pm kick off, the BBC started the programme about 2 mins before kick off. What a joke.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

mountainboii

Tony Baloney

Square Ball

very enjoyable game indeed. I thought that France could have been on the wrong side of a tanking after being 13-3 down after 25 mins, fair play to them.

To capitalise Ireland have to beat the English, then a hell of a game awaits in Cardiff
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

longrunsthefox

Mighty fare that six nations rugby. Still can't see Ireland winning in the Millenium though.

screenexile

Missed the game but sounds like it was a good one. Would have liked a Grand Slam decider in Cardiff but it still looks like it could be a Championship decider provided we beat the English tomorrow. Fantastic tournament!!!!

mountainboii

Looked like an exciting win for the U20s there, drop goal with the last kick of the game to win by a point. A good omen hopefully.

Maguire01

Good game tonight. Haven't joined a Rugby thread on here before - I have to admit that whilst i've been watching it for years and thoroughly enjoy it, i still don't understand half the rules!

On another note, does anyone know who was being interviewed about tomorrow's game on Good Morning Ulster (Radio Ulster) this morning? I was listening to it in the car on the way into work and missed who it was being interviewed - i think it may have been a southern rugby journalist. Anyway, he was commenting on how he preferred Lansdowne to Croke Park because all of the atmosphere escaped out of the Canal End in Croke Park. Must have been a very strong wind when he was there!

screenexile

Sounds like something Thornley would say... Gerry Thornley from the Times. Knows his Rugby of that there's no doubt but he's an arrogant git!

Diet Coke

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2009, 12:24:00 AM
Good game tonight. Haven't joined a Rugby thread on here before - I have to admit that whilst i've been watching it for years and thoroughly enjoy it, i still don't understand half the rules!

On another note, does anyone know who was being interviewed about tomorrow's game on Good Morning Ulster (Radio Ulster) this morning? I was listening to it in the car on the way into work and missed who it was being interviewed - i think it may have been a southern rugby journalist. Anyway, he was commenting on how he preferred Lansdowne to Croke Park because all of the atmosphere escaped out of the Canal End in Croke Park. Must have been a very strong wind when he was there!

It was that p***k Neil Francis.......one of the biggest cowards ever to wear the green! Have to agree with his take on todays game......no more than 7 points in it......would love to see Ireland hammer them, both on the pitch and score board. Icing on the cake would be Johnson getting kneed in gonads by President :D
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

muppet

I was convinced 2 years ago that if we started well we would hammer them.

It will be much closer this time but I was impressed with the way we hung on against a good French team. Ireland by 8 - 9.
Fitzgerald to score 1st try.
MWWSI 2017

Tankie

Well the big day has arrived. Cant wait for this, anyone else heading to the game?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Lecale2

Quote from: Tankie on February 28, 2009, 11:05:55 AM
Well the big day has arrived. Cant wait for this, anyone else heading to the game?

I will be outside protesting!  >:(

Uladh

Home for the weekend so might have to put up with feckin Ryall Nugent commentating. feck he does my head in.