Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: bigfrank on February 18, 2011, 08:03:05 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on February 17, 2011, 07:11:13 PM
small problem i hope :( turned on laptop only to be notified my windows had expired...didnt even know this could happen....it starts asking for me to activate and that the code can be found on the computer???? it seems to be a huge number with maybe 25 digits in it. also gives me the option to buy an activation code online...do i need to do this and if so how much are they??? I have this laptop about 18 months now.....any help be good

Cough....Cough  :'(

Usually you will find actication code on base of laptop, looks a bit like this

Not sure why'd ask you for it after all this time? Maybe a virus has deleted your activation status or its not a genuine copy?

bigfrank

i think it may be the later boyce...flashs up not genuine an odd time this past few days :( Guy fixed it a month or two ago...thought maybe he put a trial on laptop and it had expired....what happens when it runs out??? what does window 7 home premium actually do??? does it run my computer...also that barcode u showed me is all faded and couldn make it out even if i wanted too :(

Boycey

Quote from: bigfrank on February 18, 2011, 08:46:48 PM
i think it may be the later boyce...flashs up not genuine an odd time this past few days :( Guy fixed it a month or two ago...thought maybe he put a trial on laptop and it had expired....what happens when it runs out??? what does window 7 home premium actually do??? does it run my computer...also that barcode u showed me is all faded and couldn make it out even if i wanted too :(

Windows 7 premium IS your computer without it you just have a box full of circuits and wires. There used to be ways of cracking these codes and I assume there still is, it wouldn't be my area of expertise but I'm sure there are computer heads on here who can point you in the right direction.

Main Street

Quote from: bigfrank on February 18, 2011, 08:46:48 PM
He put up a trial or a pre-activated version and now you are fecked.
You have to get rid of it and install an untouched unactivated W7 Ultimate, one that you can activate yourself with a separate activation program just after the W7 install and then it becomes as good as genuine, ready and able to receive updates.
Or else just pay for activation, ring them up and do it.

bigfrank

thanks main street...it gives me the option to make windows genuine in a pop up at the start when i turn on the computer...its 79.99 but looks like it what i have to do right???? Can i restore the computer back a few months and make it work that way???

Main Street

Quote from: bigfrank on February 19, 2011, 01:50:23 AM
Can i restore the computer back a few months and make it work that way???
No, you are totally fecked,  you're cornered and your balls are in a vice grip.
You either activate  or reformat and install the OS from scratch

bigfrank

ur the bearer of bad news main street lol.....will buyin the package at 79.99 fix that problem??? Is the windows 7 premium home package the one for me or should i be lookinh else where...and finally what a cow boy i let fix this laptop :(

pintsofguinness

can you not take it back to the boy who "fixed" it and see what the f**k he done and tell him to put it right?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bigfrank

it was all thru my brothers 'mate' but def gona have to get him to make a call....i presume he is in mexico or something by now :( He must have put a trial version or something when he changed the hard drive.....down to about 25 days now to renew it or sort something....

Main Street

He used the wrong version of Windows, the equivalent of a trial version, a type that comes pre-loaded with a new computer but that can be activated through the computer company, if it has been registered.

He could/should have used an unactivated version of Windows 7 Ultimate  and activate it with Windows 7 Loader v1.7.1

mylestheslasher

Most likely your brothers mate downloaded a version of windows from Piratebay where the activation routine had been disabled. However, he probably made the fatal mistake of leaving automatic updates turned on when he installed it. After Microsoft cop on to an illegal version floating around cyberspace they often include a bit of code in some of their updates that checks for the illegal windows version which then turns the activation back on. It normally sets a clock ticking again for 30 days worth of time to pay for your activation code, sometimes it puts a big black border around your desktop for a while. There are "cracks" out there to re-disable activation but to be honest you would have to know what you are at to do that. If you are going to have to spend money on an activation code I suggest you consider buying the package from scratch cos that version you have installed could be missing some features and also might show up again as a pirate version at some other date when microsoft updates go poking around in your pc.

bigfrank

this aint lookin very good here but many thanks for the help...well i cant do without windows so goin to have to buy it i guess....it gives me this option below to resolve the issue in a pop up from windows. £79.99....is that was i need...guess they send me 25 digit code that i enter into laptop???

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidationResult.aspx?displaylang=en&Error=52&OSV=6.1.7600.2.00010300.0.0.003.09.1033&GenuineInfo=C004F063&ls=3&PageName=validate&Product=Wga

bigfrank

someone call a spade a spade for me please so i can get this sorted....what should i buy in pc world 2moro if i get time to go...i was thinking this below:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/microsoft-office-home-and-student-2010-05018180-pdt.html

mylestheslasher

Did you not say it was windows you had a problem with, that link is for office which is totally different.

bigfrank

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-03612469-pdt.html

that make more sense mylestheslasher and yeah its a windows problem...is home the best one or most suitable for me??? dont have much documenst in laptop etc..just use it for internet and watchin games etc