People across europe rally for paul gascoigne

Started by The Forfeit Point, January 11, 2009, 01:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forfeit Point

people across the continent are urging their respective governments to "save gazza"

Owenmoresider

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on January 11, 2009, 01:08:27 AM
people across the continent are urging their respective governments to "save gazza"
Those tears he shed at Italia 90 must have had a far wider impact then we had thought.  :D

fred the red

Gazza is on the turbity show tomorrow nite, should be interesting viewing!

ExiledGael

Quote from: fred the red on April 24, 2009, 06:39:09 PM
Gazza is on the turbity show tomorrow nite, should be interesting viewing!

He was on soccer am last week too. Didn't see it, but why all the publicity?
Presume he's trying to get back into the public eye for a reason. Couldn't be a serious pundit could he with all the slurring, it's kind of painful to watch. Collymore has become a pundit so why not I suppose.

irunthev

He was MOTD2 last week and I think they are just trying to support him as much as possible. He is in the gym constant and looking to get back in football in some capacity... seems to be talking a lot about youth. Looks in great shape although quite thin and gaunt but you also get the feeling that it is a very thin shell he is showing. Says he has been off the drink for 4 months and drugs for 17 months, but as anyone will tell you who has been through it, that's only a start. Good luck to him. I think he is also doing one of those celebrity obstacle course things that are on tv too. You couldn't dislike Gascoigne, just a lovely innocent guy who made bad choices when he was in such a great position in life.

ExiledGael

Donagh

From Wiki:

"The Gaza Strip (Arabic: قطاع غزة‎ transliteration: Qiṭāʿ Ġazza/Qita' Ghazzah, Hebrew: רצועת עזה‎ Retzu'at 'Azza) is a coastal strip of land along the Mediterranean Sea. It borders Egypt on the south-west and..."

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: irunthev on April 24, 2009, 07:16:51 PM
Looks in great shape

Well he's thin alright but when he was on MOTD last week he looked about 65.