Opps Harry did it again

Started by FermGael, January 10, 2009, 10:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7822574.stm
Prince Harry apologises for using racist language to describe a member of his army platoon.
The News of the World paper said it had a video of the army lieutenant calling a colleague a 'Paki' while pretending to make a phone call to the Queen.
The prince had to apologise in 2005 for wearing a swastika armband to a party, which offended many Jewish people.
A statement from St James Palace said he did so three years ago as a nickname about a friend and without any malice.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

pintsofguinness

You'd swear he was related to Prince Phillip.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Doogie Browser

thebandit

I think its a bit of a storm in a teacup.... when taken in the context of his then environment is was probably harmless.

Aerlik

Only keeping up the family tradition...racists and bigots.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Orior

I'd like to see Harry on that program where they research ancestors.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

haveaharp

Quote from: Orior on January 12, 2009, 08:36:24 AM
I'd like to see Harry on that program where they research ancestors.

Who do you think you are ? Major Hewitt should feature heavily as the kindly uncle.

Rois

Radio Ulster had a segment on this this morn, and were debating whether it was worse than referring to an Irish soldier as "Paddy", Scottish as "Jock", Welsh as "Taffy" etc.

Orior

Quote from: Rois on January 12, 2009, 08:52:56 AM
Radio Ulster had a segment on this this morn, and were debating whether it was worse than referring to an Irish soldier as "Paddy", Scottish as "Jock", Welsh as "Taffy" etc.

What do they call the english? Dicks.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nrico2006

QuoteRadio Ulster had a segment on this this morn, and were debating whether it was worse than referring to an Irish soldier as "Paddy", Scottish as "Jock", Welsh as "Taffy" etc.
I heard this on GMTV this morning and Americans being called 'Yanks' was mentioned.  At the end of the day its a term that most people on the street would use to refer to people from Pakistan, although when you have Pakistani community representatives on saying how they regard the term (skin heads in 70s/80s etc) then it makes it seem worse especially considering Harrys position.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Doogie Browser

His father must be so embarrassed, ding dong  ;)

imtommygunn

I'd put what he said up there with the "n word".

I'd also not have said it's anything to do with where he was, afghanistan...

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2009, 10:01:24 AM
I'd put what he said up there with the "n word".

I'd also not have said it's anything to do with where he was, afghanistan...

I thought it happened a few years ago when he was still in Sandhurst, did it happen a few months back when he was on his 'tour' in Afghanistan?

longrunsthefox

He called someone else a 'Raghead'  -  what is that? 

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years