Al Murray

Started by redboots, January 08, 2009, 04:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redboots

Hi Folks I currently have six tickets for Al Murray on the 26th March and need a swap for the 27th I know it's a long shot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Red Boots

The GAA

Same material every time he plays.

bootiful british name....

SidelineKick

Long shot surely you're probably the only person with tickets.

UNFUNNY!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bigfrank

stiffler

Who is he?

Not a bad idea to have a ticket exchange thread tho
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

SidelineKick

That twat! Can't stand him. "Look at me I'm so British, aren't I British? Hey look at how British I am. I love Britain. God save the Queen, our men in Iraq...bla bla f**king bla"

He isnt funny in the slightest.

Though a ticket exchange thread is certainly a good idea!

Reported.

dublinfella

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 09, 2009, 10:19:11 AM

That t**t! Can't stand him. "Look at me I'm so British, aren't I British? Hey look at how British I am. I love Britain. God save the Queen, our men in Iraq...bla bla f**king bla"

He isnt funny in the slightest.

Though a ticket exchange thread is certainly a good idea!

You do understand he is a parody?

SidelineKick

A parody that I do not find funny in the slighest. Its all a bit OTT for me.

Reported.

dublinfella

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 09, 2009, 10:32:16 AM
A parody that I do not find funny in the slighest. Its all a bit OTT for me.

the tone of your post was that you diskiked the 'Britishness' of him. That is, as you say, an OTT parody.

SidelineKick

Would you believe I was going to make a point of stating it was the fact that he was British!  I just find it all very tired that is my point not because he is British, I will try and put it in a better way:

As a comedian I do not find him funny.  Its the same as Catherine Tate, I know shes only playing characters too but again someone I can not stand. Unfunny.

Reported.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 09, 2009, 10:48:56 AM
Would you believe I was going to make a point of stating it was the fact that he was British!  I just find it all very tired that is my point not because he is British, I will try and put it in a better way:

As a comedian I do not find him funny.  Its the same as Catherine Tate, I know shes only playing characters too but again someone I can not stand. Unfunny.
I'll second that. I really don't get the thing about Catherine Tate either.

Redboots it's as well you are trying to swap these for another night as it looks as if you'd have bother shifting them otherwise!

cavan4ever

Quote from: redboots on January 08, 2009, 04:33:08 PM
Hi Folks I currently have six tickets for Al Murray on the 26th March and need a swap for the 27th I know it's a long shot!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it not sold out and you bought from an outlet they might swap them for you.

nearlymad

What about Take That tickets for Croker in the summer?

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 09, 2009, 11:10:51 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on January 09, 2009, 10:48:56 AM

I'll second that. I really don't get the thing about Catherine Tate either.

Redboots it's as well you are trying to swap these for another night as it looks as if you'd have bother shifting them otherwise!

I don't mind Al Murray but he certainly pitches to his sun reader audience and xenophobic topics go down a treat with them. i like his way of taking the piss out of the so called celebs he interviews and he doesn't miss them when on a roll.

I can't stand that Catherine tate or Little Britian for that matter.

longrunsthefox

Anyone seen this Michael McIntyre?I got a DVD of him for Christmas and is first class. As good as Peter Kay I thought.