Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: bigfrank on September 27, 2010, 09:09:44 PM
didnt really make myself clear above..sorry. we fly to blackpool and home from blackpool to belfast...believe it or not flights dont go home every hour from it and therefore we need to find a flight else where at close airport..ie liverpool or manchester...heard manchester go to belfast which suits best...thats why i asked.

thanks for help so far

Ah right, I'd say Msnchester is your best bet! Train straight to the airport and regular enough flights to Belfast!
That was never a square ball!!

supersarsfields

If it's before the end of oct you can fly from liverpool to Belfast with ryanair. Only prob is the train won't go straight to the airport. You'll need to get bus from limestreet which is about 20 min trip.   

bigfrank

few ones said its maybe 40 quid in taxi to manchester airport from blackpool..wouldnt be dangerous money between a few...flight from manchester a few hours earlier than the one we are currently booked on so it could be the shout..thanks for help

p.s anyone been to blackpool lately...on a stag or holiday??any advice welcome....

118cmal

Yes, to be honest I wouldn't go back near it.  Chav-tastic and not much to do!

ross4life

Quote from: bigfrank on September 27, 2010, 07:06:39 PM
Stag do this weekend in Blackpool...anyone been or have any advice??

also is manchester the closest airport to blackpool...few lads may need an earlier flight home on sun morning and are thinkin of gettin cab from blackpool to manchester for flight??

Great town for Stag or any type of party have been many times, Walkabout, Brannigans are two bars to try & nightclubs Club Sanuk & Syndicate Blackpool

Blackpool to Manchester Airport takes about 1hr 30mins (direct train) while Liverpool is about the same but you have to get an bus from Lime street station to the Airport

P.S some good offers on stag dos  http://www.clubsanuk.com/index-fs.html   http://blackpool.thesyndicate.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=48
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

bigfrank

as i stated above i was lookin about a flight home early sun...think we goin for a liverpool to belfast int flight....is liverpool airport about 90 mins away from blackpool??? think a few of us gettin a taxi there from our hotel?? could get costly??

looked thru those links ross....nightclubs look pretty good to me...should be mad 2 nights i hope...

Hardy

There are rumours of a great new resource called Google Maps. I wonder could that help in figuring out the distance from Blackpool to John Lennon Airport?

bigfrank

never mentioned distance hardy u muppet!!! I mentioned time...and price of a taxi!!!  ;D :D

ross4life

http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/liverpool.html

Liverpool - John Lennon Intl (LPL):
Airport Overview: A single terminal with 3 bus stops right outside.
By Taxi: To Liverpool city centre £11-15/15-45 mins, Blackpool ~£90, Bolton ~£56, Chester ~£43, Manchester ~£55, St Helens ~£24, Wigan ~£45 & Ellesmere Port ~£37. Mersey Cabs 0151 207 2222 or 298 1234.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

bigfrank

A gentleman ross4life.....appreciate it!!

Hardy

Quote from: bigfrank on September 30, 2010, 06:22:59 PM
never mentioned distance hardy u muppet!!! I mentioned time...and price of a taxi!!!  ;D :D

There are rumours of a great new resource called Google Maps. It provides distances and journey times between any two chosen locations. I wonder could that help in figuring out the distance and journey time from Blackpool to John Lennon Airport?

angermanagement

Talk of going to a stag in Carrick and Shannon at the end of Januaury never been before would there be many about at this time of year ?

If its quiet talk of going to Kilkenny instead is Kilkenny still as anti hen/stag as it was a few years ago ?

Cheers in advance

caughtredhanded

Was at a stag in Carrick a few years ago. Totally class craic. Good pub scene and I can remember getting on a bus in town which took you out to a nightclub in the sticks. It was a first class stag destination and a huge venue but I can't recall the name. Apparently it was being refurbed last year.

A really heavy weekend but everybody got home safe and sound after.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: caughtredhanded on October 12, 2010, 01:04:16 PM
Was at a stag in Carrick a few years ago. Totally class craic. Good pub scene and I can remember getting on a bus in town which took you out to a nightclub in the sticks. It was a first class stag destination and a huge venue but I can't recall the name. Apparently it was being refurbed last year.

Used to be called Rockin' Robins but I think they've changed the name now.

caughtredhanded

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 12, 2010, 01:05:35 PM
Quote from: caughtredhanded on October 12, 2010, 01:04:16 PM

Used to be called Rockin' Robins but I think they've changed the name now.

After a bit of googling I found it. Its now called Passion at The Cartown. Two or three floors, discos and live bands. Buses pick you up at the boardwalk in town.