Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP 76

Canal Court , Bellinis or the Relic nite club all good spots in Newry or also Marine Tavern in Warrenpoint about 7 miles away very good . Canal court was offering good deals not so long ago not so sure now .  Check out the Francis Court Hotel which is part of the same complex as the Relic . Some good pubs around Newry depending what you are looking

giveherlong

thanks boss. those places all lively on a Friday night?

thewobbler

Newry is dead on a Friday night - even the local pubs are quiet these days. Your only chance of a crowd is Bellinis and it'll be a strange crowd. The Marine in Warrenpoint normally does a good turn on a Friday.

giveherlong

Quote from: thewobbler on November 26, 2011, 05:07:31 PM
Newry is dead on a Friday night - even the local pubs are quiet these days. Your only chance of a crowd is Bellinis and it'll be a strange crowd. The Marine in Warrenpoint normally does a good turn on a Friday.

i thought it would be dead enough tbh. kind of bate for somewhere in Down/Armagh direction on the Friday night

5 Sams

If it's a stag.. Friday night in Newry...get ensconced in a wee pub somewhere and make your own crack.... a few good pints of porter and leave the women chasing till Sat in Dublin...nothing in Newry unless you want to go to the Marine as recommended by Wobbs.

Pubs for a session like that would be The Bridge, Brass Monkey, McCoys, Cobbles....don't rule out a few of the local GAA clubs which are normally good crack on Fri night...no women but plenty of football talk.....

Best one around is Ballyholland Harps GAC, Betty's Hill Road, Newry, Co Down. Tel 028 302 66985...warn them if you're gonna land ;) ;) ;) ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Shortso79

I would stick with Bellinis - it gets a decent enough crowd on a Friday night -

http://www.bellinisnewry.com/

Cobbles (opposite Belliinis) - is always full of women - good range of ages also

Marine (Warrenpoint) is not as busy as it used to be on a Friday - but the front bar has all drinks for £1.50 - u cant beat that !

http://www.clubcheri.co.uk/1.html

If you are looking for an something constructive recommend this place - http://www.formula-karting.com/

NP 76

Hard to beat a bit of free advertising 5 Sams

angermanagement

Just drive on through Newry and into Carlingford, it will be quiet enough but some great wee pubs to get the Craic going.

Tony Baloney

NP 76

Cant remember the last quiet night we had out in Carlingford

Rois

Please don't tell me it's your brother's stag???

Ps greyhound racing in Dundalk on a Fri night.

giveherlong

Quote from: Rois on November 27, 2011, 09:41:54 AM
Please don't tell me it's your brother's stag???

Ps greyhound racing in Dundalk on a Fri night.

it is!!  ;D any reccomendations...

keeping an eye on things

Lads I'm organising a stag for early next summer and am looking for recommendations, it's looking like Prague is the grooms destination of choice.  Anyone been and if so what did you reckon?  Any other good spots to head to in Europe?  Any help greatly appreciated!!

Family guy

Quote from: keeping an eye on things on November 27, 2011, 04:00:28 PM
Lads I'm organising a stag for early next summer and am looking for recommendations, it's looking like Prague is the grooms destination of choice.  Anyone been and if so what did you reckon?  Any other good spots to head to in Europe?  Any help greatly appreciated!!

Poland??