iphone applications

Started by imtommygunn, January 04, 2009, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: gerry on March 09, 2013, 05:33:20 PM
can you watch streaming football matches on an iphone and if so what do you need to watch it, cheers

Jailbreak it and download XBMC onto it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

laoislad

Quote from: gerry on March 09, 2013, 06:54:48 PM
thanks LL

I followed a few videos on YouTube about installing XBMC on iPhone, you also need a few plugins on XBMC for the streaming of matches. It's easy enough though.

ONeill

I downloaded the Veetle app on the Samsung. It shows most games (and filums and tv). Don't know if the iPhone has her.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Need a new cover for my iphone 4

Any recommendations?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gerry

one of the main reasons i stayed away from an iphone was that i hated itunes.  since i have it jailbroken and use  copytrans to update movies and music on it, life is good. just need to figure xbmc to stream sports on it now.

laoislad

Quote from: gerry on March 13, 2013, 12:01:05 PM
one of the main reasons i stayed away from an iphone was that i hated itunes.  since i have it jailbroken and use  copytrans to update movies and music on it, life is good. just need to figure xbmc to stream sports on it now.

YouTube is yer man. That's how I figured it out.

gerry

if you get a chance LL can you fire up a youtube link, i have being as this all day but cant get it to work. i have installed the xbmc but cant get the navi file to work

BenDover

I followed this guide roughly and got it going http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4G2bndAGwc
for IceFilm and Channel1 is if i get Navi-x can I view sports?

laoislad

Quote from: gerry on March 13, 2013, 02:12:56 PM
if you get a chance LL can you fire up a youtube link, i have being as this all day but cant get it to work. i have installed the xbmc but cant get the navi file to work
Go into Cydia and search for XBMC Hub Wizard.
Install it and it will pretty much automatically install everything you need on XBMC for streaming matches movies and Live TV.
I watched the Spurs Arsenal game via XBMC on my iphone in a Tesco car park while the wife was in doing the shopping! It was an excellent quality stream and I was only using 02's 3G network which can be dodgy at the best of times especially in an underground car park!
It works even better over wifi.

BenDover

LL do you know the name of the add-on you use to watch Live sports?

laoislad

Quote from: BenDover on March 14, 2013, 08:34:15 AM
LL do you know the name of the add-on you use to watch Live sports?
Sports Devil is one.

Estimator

Did anyone get the Cartoon HD app downloaded before it vanished from iTunes?
Ulster League Champions 2009

Archie Mitchell

VLC for iOS is back on the app store for iPhone and iPad. It was briefly on before a few years back but Apple pulled it. Very handy for putting your own videos on iPhone/iPad without the need to convert. Seems to be a few upgrades as well to the original version I had like being able to add videos over the wi-fi. I'd imagine it is approved by Apple now so won't be pulled again.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/vlc-ios/id650377962