Christmas Bonus

Started by illdecide, December 19, 2008, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

make sure you are wearing some padded clothing Hardstation. would hate for you to get another gash in your head ::)

milltown row

aye and if ya hurt yourself in that helmet you'll get a big pay out. look a bit daft your local though............ well maybe not

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2008, 04:03:22 PM
24 cans of beer, 24 cans of stout, bottle of whiskey, bottle of vodka and a tenner.

Watch out for my posts on the board tonight......

and you're in training for the Slurry Cup

I'm gonna roast ya  :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 19, 2008, 02:07:55 PM
No bonus here either, and just got the sucker punch that we're working monday and tuesday.  Everyone was confident we'd be getting off today.  Not f**king happy.
I know someone who was told at the beginning of this week that they would have to work to 6pm christmas eve and new years eve.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SidelineKick

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 19, 2008, 05:59:10 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on December 19, 2008, 02:07:55 PM
No bonus here either, and just got the sucker punch that we're working monday and tuesday.  Everyone was confident we'd be getting off today.  Not f**king happy.
I know someone who was told at the beginning of this week that they would have to work to 6pm christmas eve and new years eve.

f**k sake thats the last time I feel slightly sorry for myself.

IM GLAD I HAVE A f**king JOB, I AM VERY VERY GRATEFUL.  I FEEL AWFUL AT THE FACT THAT SOME FAMILIES WILL HAVE IT VERY TOUGH DUE TO THE ECONOMIC CLIMATE AND UMEMPLOYMENT IN THE HOUSE, BUT I CAN STILL BE f**king UNHAPPY AT THE FACT WE WERE TOLD SOMETHING AND THEN IT ISNT FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH. I DIDNT SAY I WANTED A RAISE, I DIDNT SAY THE JOB WAS SHIT, I DIDNT SAY I WAS GOING TO QUIT, ALL I f**king SAID WAS I WAS f**king UNHAPPY AT NOT f**king GETTING OFF WHEN WE WERE f**king TOLD. THAT IS f**king ALL.

RANT f**king OVER.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on December 19, 2008, 06:05:05 PM
Was it me?
No and it's not a job you'd expect it to be necessary to sit in the office to 6pm on those evenings, it's a joke.  

Calm down SLK, I wasn't having a go at you.

SidelineKick

Thanks pints just needed to get that out. rrhf has me still in a bad mood from earlier.

The annoying thing about this job is I realistically could be away now but have to stay to 7. Still doing bits and pieces but nothing that couldnt wait.

On the bright side I got a nice wee deal done an hour ago so that sends me into the weekend feeling good about myself!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

The Real Laoislad

Those who are complaining about not getting a bonus should consider having a job in these times as bonus enough
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossie11

Many companies, despite making healthy profits, this year are not handing out bonuses due to the fact that
over the next few years they will have to fund expansion etc themselves.
There is no guarantee that the banks will approve loans even to profitable companies so cash is king for the forseeable future.

Its going to get very tough for approx 1 in 10 of us over the next year as more companies fold.
It would be great for people to set up their own small business and gradually grow out of this recession.
This could prove near impossible if they are already up to their neck in a mortgage as banks wont give them a bean for the initial start up.
The biggest crime of this govt and all concerned with this property boom is that people followed the peer pressure and the hype and
bought houses they didn't need and now they are handcuffed.
The generation which are now needed to spend the cash and lift the country are the ones most in debt..

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm working Xmas eve and NYE

Tony Baloney

People need to get real. The market is a totally different place from this time last year. A friend got a 40 grand bonus last xmas but this year she was lucky to keep her job. Same for another mate who got a 30 grand bonus last xmas who has been told this year that he'll be getting a drink bought at the xmas do!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2008, 09:30:13 PM
People need to get real. The market is a totally different place from this time last year. A friend got a 40 grand bonus last xmas but this year she was lucky to keep her job. Same for another mate who got a 30 grand bonus last xmas who has been told this year that he'll be getting a drink bought at the xmas do!
I know what you mean, I got a £300,000 bonus last year but they told me today I'd only be getting a £100,000 one.  Im furious.
::)

Tony Baloney

Just look at it as an extra 200k a year pints on average and you'll not be as depressed about it!

DrinkingHarp

John Bender: You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fu#kin' year at the old Bender family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey. Smoke up Johny."

Name the movie for 2 candy canes.

On the downside my business has gone under so be grateful if you have a job.  Thank god for a supporting family. But as they say "for every action there is an equal opposite reaction" so I will now turn my negative into a positive. School starts for me in 1 month, a 40 year old in class with a bunch of 18-20somethings ::). I am looking forward to the next phase of my life and the young ladies to look at won't hurt either- can't wait till warm weather and short skirts ;)

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Tony Baloney