Christmas Bonus

Started by illdecide, December 19, 2008, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

SidelineKick

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 19, 2008, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: amigo on December 19, 2008, 02:40:26 PM

What sort of work is it ?? I am dumbfounded !!

Taoiseach?

:D very good.

I don't claim to be a bloody hero but I do long hours and when a p***k like rrhf comes on spouting about me being unhappy about an extra two days it pissed me off. I think its a well earned complaint!  I would be in some mood now if I was finishin up at 7 and not back til the 5th, now its just a normal weekend  :(
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

EC Unique

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 19, 2008, 02:44:19 PM
Property business. Glad to have a job ESPECIALLY in property so I can and cant complain I suppose.

But that is exactly what you are doing!

SidelineKick

Quote from: EC Unique on December 19, 2008, 02:48:07 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on December 19, 2008, 02:44:19 PM
Property business. Glad to have a job ESPECIALLY in property so I can and cant complain I suppose.

But that is exactly what you are doing!

I know! I am saying I can still complain because at the end of the day I deserve my two weeks, yet I still must be grateful for actually having a job today!

Reported.

EC Unique

Fair enough. I think people have to be realistic and grown-up about the situation now. What ever has to be done to get the economy up and running with as few job cuts as possible. If this means no bonus, no pay rise or even a pay cut then so be it. Lets just get the heads down and get on with the next 12 months. I wish we could fast foward to January 2010 as 2009 is going to be brutal ecomomically. :-[

the green man

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 19, 2008, 02:38:51 PM
11 hours a day, no lunch hour. Lunch is eaten at the desk while I work away. Bluffer? I beg to differ.

And quite a bit spent on here

SidelineKick

Quote from: the green man on December 19, 2008, 03:01:28 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on December 19, 2008, 02:38:51 PM
11 hours a day, no lunch hour. Lunch is eaten at the desk while I work away. Bluffer? I beg to differ.

And quite a bit spent on here

You will find like any job, you have some quiet times.  There are some days where I can get a good bit of the work done and post on here. These posts are interspersed with a hell of a lot of work as well.  Take this week for an example my posts have been pretty limited!

Reported.

SidelineKick

Quote from: EC Unique on December 19, 2008, 02:56:34 PM
Fair enough. I think people have to be realistic and grown-up about the situation now. What ever has to be done to get the economy up and running with as few job cuts as possible. If this means no bonus, no pay rise or even a pay cut then so be it. Lets just get the heads down and get on with the next 12 months. I wish we could fast foward to January 2010 as 2009 is going to be brutal ecomomically. :-[

Completely agree and next year will be a big push. Read today that significant economic growth not expected til 2014, quite depressing. I'm not actually bothered about not getting a bonus, I wasnt expecting one but the two extra days holidays would have been unreal!

As you say though, at the minute its just do what it takes to stay afloat!

Reported.

Homer

AFAIK it is illegal to give out bonuses when a company has made redundancies. This may be the case for some.

Minder

Our boss poked her fat head in round the door and said"thanks for all your hard work this year", that was my bonus............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

first year in 7 that i'll not be getting a bonus, could't give a stuff, usually around 700 quid but hey, shite happens. moved to a different job and thats just the way it goes, glad i'm so busy and off for two weeks. :P

engineering industry is getting a hit at the minute. tough months ahead for familys, and young men starting out have difficult times.

Rois

Shutting down laptop to go and collect redundancy forms from staff who have been made redundant today.  They will get statutory redundancy only.

Have just come out of a briefing meeting on working over Christmas on a company that is about to go into administration.

I can't wait. 

SidelineKick

Lovely  :-\

Its actually scary at the moment how much this is happening.  Every day or every other day there is a company having to close. read today about a company starting in the New year to work 3 day weeks! Its unbelievable.

Reported.

slow corner back

The normal xmas bonus in my work was  a frozen turkey, since the price of turkeys has risen in the last few years we now get a £10 meat voucher,lol its a f*ckin joke. Coincidentally my firm is currently going through its fourth round of redundancies in 2008 so no one is too worried about the turkey

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm glad I have a job - loads of folks getting let go