Dumb People

Started by DrinkingHarp, December 18, 2008, 02:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Also, upon hearing the Barry Robson tune Celtic fans sing, another lad asked "whos barry robson, does he drink in the ashburn?"

Tankie

I believe that Ireland is one of the dumbest countries around, probably up there / above the US and the UK.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Donagh

Quote from: Tankie on December 18, 2008, 11:27:06 AM
I believe that Ireland is one of the dumbest countries around, probably up there / above the US and the UK.

Exemplified perfectly with that statement.

Tankie

Quote from: Donagh on December 18, 2008, 11:30:17 AM
Quote from: Tankie on December 18, 2008, 11:27:06 AM

Exemplified perfectly with that statement.

you think...

I find it hard to believe that people are posting that the UK are dumb and not consider a huge amount of people in this country dumb
Grand Slam Saturday!

mannix

I CANNOT FIND THE "ANY" BUTTON ON MY COMPUTER!

DISC DRIVE POPS OUT . "OH LOOK IT HAS A COFFEE CUP HOLDER BUILT IN".

HEARD A FEW OTHERS BUT THEY ARE BURIED IN THE DARK RECESS OF MY CEREBULUM CORTEX THING.

Square Ball

Americans again:

"Do they have Christmas in ireland?"
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

haranguerer

Quote from: Square Ball on December 18, 2008, 12:58:33 PM
Americans again:

"Do they have Christmas in ireland?"

Well???

The suspense is killing me...

RedandGreenSniper

'What's the capital of England? I'll give you a clue, you live there!'
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ONeill

When I worked in England and disclosed where I was from to a member of staff, an ICT teacher from Birmingham asked me if I lived near County Durham.

Last week, a teacher asked me (after having a brief conversation about polo) if the horses stayed under the water in water-polo, albeit for about 4-5 seconds before the quality of their utterance dawned on them. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Billys Boots

And they wonder why our teenagers are dumb.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tankie

These shite tv shows are the main causes of our dumb society, between Ch4 and MTV they show some crap, and the dumber you are, the richer you seem to be. between Super Sweet 16, The hills etc its no wonder people have lost it. I work with people who dont even watch the news or read the paper!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

DrinkingHarp

Thread seems to be going in a different direction and I blame it on my post as it wasn't totally clear. I know there are dumb/stupid people in every country and walk of life.

What I should have stated is " I know I am average to a little above average intellectually - couldn't solve complex physics problems but have general knowledge and common sense. But how do some people function in a society when you wonder how they were able to actually tie their shoes and put the shoes on the right feet after hearing them spout off with thoughts or statements that leaves you scratching your head ?"

Almost every person has a special area of interest/job/hobby or what have you were their knowledge is somewhat thorough but when it comes to common sense the door is wide open and no ones home, these are the people who scare me and I wonder about.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Hardy

What's even more worrying is when they get voted into high office.

Some comic on TV last night: "When the Iraq war started, little did George Bush know". Full stop. Pause. Laughter.

The Real Laoislad

I often find those that are highly educated are the ones with the least common sense..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

I was at a table quiz a few years ago and a teacher from a very successful North Antrim sporting school was on our team. The question was name all the Channel Islands if i remember right, her contribution was "The Falklands"..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"