Dumb People

Started by DrinkingHarp, December 18, 2008, 02:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Do dumb people know they are dumb?
I am not talking about mentally handicapped people just normal dumb - stupid people.

In the hardware store yesterday when a big snow storm was moving in, Einstein behind me in the checkout line tells me " you know if it wasn't this cold outside it wouldn't snow today."  ???

Returned to same hardware store today to return a crappy snow shovel (plastic/metal) that bends and twists when you try to use it.
Return lady asks " is there something wrong with the shovel ?" and I tell her "I picked up the left handed shovel instead of a right handed shovel and need to exchange it for a different one." Return lady " well that is the only shipment we have in so they are probably all left handed, would you like your money back ?"  :o :o

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

RedandGreenSniper

well now I'd say most women would fall for that one in fairness.

As for yer man, get him a job at Met Eireann :D

was at the meat counter the last day and asked for a kilo of ham. The read came up at .99kg and yer wan says 'will that do'. I should have said 'no, I  asked for a kilo' . .  ::)
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mannix

actually you can buy left or right handed shovels, seen it myself in vermont.Handles twist in the middle either direction depending on which one you buy.
Different countries offer different ways of stupidity, france has plain stupid with arrogance, i.e they block the footpath or aisle in the shop and get annoyed when asked to move nicely, this is common.
Irish stupidity is mainly held by the lesser edgemicated and they work in shops but still cannot do anything above a simple task, "I don't know if we sell paint" or " whats a 1/4 steel bit?".

The USA then has the stupid spread up the ranks, bank manager in queens ny did not know how to use the computer and was blaming her training, this is the honest truth.  Girl at DMV (car place) in manhattan asked me where I was from and that I spoke very good english, she was serious and wondered if Ireland was near italy because she had family who went there once.Teachers in the public system,i know a few and they would not teach a cat to drink milk, some of the stuff they don't know is hard to explain, plain dumb, but they get paid anyway.

ANyway, best to say nothing or else be nice, ignorance is bliss in some cases.

SidelineKick

Americans in general are stupid, they annoy the shit outa me.

"Do you know Stephen from Dublin?"  f**k sake.

And girls in general are stupid too.  A few weeks back in my womans house they were flicking through a magazine and they came across a picture of Ronaldo with his top off.

"Jesus they've pasted his head on my body" I said.

"Is that not Ronaldos body?" replied one of her housemates. What the f**k like, she was dead serious too, I have no time for people like that.

A friend of mine told his girlfriend that cats eyes on the road were for blind drivers so they knew when they were over the line.  "Aye, I suppose that makes sense" she said. Stupid!!!!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 18, 2008, 09:06:01 AM

:D :D
Its a wonder they didnt explode with laughter sk

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on December 18, 2008, 09:11:24 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on December 18, 2008, 09:06:01 AM

:D :D
Its a wonder they didnt explode with laughter sk

What with all those press ups and sit ups and indoor soccer sure I mustn't be far off  :D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

thejuice

The amount of thick people i meet over here in England is staggering. Little Britain isnt so far removed from reality at all. There was a group in the pub next to us that were going on and on about "she disrespected me" and "she did this and that blah blah blah" and all this shite like their on some f**king soap. Huge amounts of idiots who worship airheads like the beckhams or peter and jordan.

As an English friend of mine said, the reason they didnt get the vote on Lisbon was because the majority of people are too thick. They would just do whatever The Sun tells them although they're too busy staring at the knockers on page 3 to bother reading it.

Mind you a fair amount of Irish people would fit into that catagory too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

illdecide

When i was in Florida some blade was asking me all about back home (she was flirting with me) and i couldn't get through to her thick head that "we don't run around with guns shooting anything that moves" she said she couldn't gather the courage to go to Ireland...she then followed on with "what part of Scotland is Ireland in anyway" so i was gone like a flash. The yanks really piss me off, their problem is they only get taught American history & geography in school therefore know nothing else about the rest of the world...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: illdecide on December 18, 2008, 09:53:09 AM
When i was in Florida some blade was asking me all about back home (she was flirting with me)

This board is a f**king laugh this morning, we have sideline running about thinking he has the body of Ronaldo & we have illdecide thinking a woman was flirting with him (if you pay her it doesnt count as flirting ;) )

You boys are some craic :D

maddog

Our champion office thicko this morning denied the existence of the Gulf Stream. She is moving (thank christ) to the Bristol area and someone tongue in cheek said ah sure it will be nicer down there, near the coast and warmed by the gulf stream etc. She said piss off there is no such thing.

Zapatista

Quote from: illdecide on December 18, 2008, 09:53:09 AM
When i was in Florida some blade was asking me all about back home (she was flirting with me) and i couldn't get through to her thick head that "we don't run around with guns shooting anything that moves" she said she couldn't gather the courage to go to Ireland...she then followed on with "what part of Scotland is Ireland in anyway" so i was gone like a flash. The yanks really piss me off, their problem is they only get taught American history & geography in school therefore know nothing else about the rest of the world...

Somethings that have been said to me by Dublin girls -

What part of belfast is Tyrone in?
What currencey do they use in Monaghan?
I've never been to Tyrone but I was in County Drogheda.
Ah, your from the north, Donegal or Belfast?

Orior

On behalf of all dumb people, I take exception at this thread. We try our best, but sometimes that aint just good enough  :-\
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

On behalf of all dumb people, I take exception at this thread. We try our best, but sometimes that aint just good enough  :-\

Orior

fitzroyalty

lad i know has to take the biscuit, thick as champ...

"Boys, can you really get blood from a stone??"
"Here I've got the reflections of a cat!"
"Aye Co.Comerford.. aye I've been there, my da took me fishing there once" (We told him a new county had been created down south)
"Imagine you just looked at that tree and it gave ya cancer"
"Is there a Lurgan Man Utd!?"