Most memorable score

Started by T O Hare, December 11, 2008, 01:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Possibly Uladh. I thought he scored the goal, and then the 45, but the 45 could have been the previous game.

Uladh

The 45 you refer to was a free from the edge of the D - awarded "where the ball landed" in the dying seconds when armagh were trying to hang on - by the eminent mr bannon if i'm not mistaken.

sorry to mess up your post chap!

AZOffaly

Just goes to show you why that score is not memorable, but the goal is :D

Fuzzman

My Donegal father in law is always raving on about the point Mugsy scored by fisting backwards over his head.
Can anyone remind me who that was against.

Obviously its not a very memorable score but just asking the question anyways

anglocelt39

1.Jason Reilly, Clones, Ulster Final 97

2. Diego Maradonas fisted effort V England, world cup 86
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Hardy

For me, the most memorable one is so much more memorable than the others it's in a category of its own. Same as they had to devise a special handicapping system for races Arkle ran in:

Kevin Foley.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 12, 2008, 03:32:13 PM
My Donegal father in law is always raving on about the point Mugsy scored by fisting backwards over his head.
Can anyone remind me who that was against.

Obviously its not a very memorable score but just asking the question anyways

If memory serves me correct it was in the second half against Kerry in the 2005 final.

Doire abú

Quote from: anglocelt39 on December 12, 2008, 04:15:45 PM
1.Jason Reilly, Clones, Ulster Final 97

2. Diego Maradonas fisted effort V England, world cup 86

Couple of other "scores" where memorable that day too.  8) 8)

cornafean

Damien O'Reilly's fly-kicked point for Cavan v Donegal in Breffni Park 1992.
Roy Malone's goal for Offaly v Meath in 1997
Joe McMahon's goal v Dublin this year.
Kevin Foley v Dublin in 1991.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

boojangles

Quote from: cornafean on December 12, 2008, 05:33:33 PM
Damien O'Reilly's fly-kicked point for Cavan v Donegal in Breffni Park 1992.Roy Malone's goal for Offaly v Meath in 1997
Joe McMahon's goal v Dublin this year.
Kevin Foley v Dublin in 1991.
Ya bet me to it Cornafean. The best score I ever seen.1992,I was 6 in the old terrace in Breifne when it was just a big sand bank.Damien Reilly kicked 2 of the best points Breifne has ever seen that day.The ball was going out over the end-line but some how he got his left boot to it and flicked it over the bar.It won score of the Championship that year.The other one was to take the lead with time up but then Mairtin Beag popped up with his own classic to force a replay.The rest they say is history!!
Could some of Donegal posters please back it up, cos Im suprised nobody else bar Cavan men have mentioned it.

ExiledGael

Can only be one for the little green men, Brewster All-Ireland quarter-final v Armagh in '04.

Honourable mentions to Barry Owens for his goal this year v Derry in Ulster semi and Sean Doc in Ulster final.
Barring my own county it's Mulligan's goal v the Dubs.

J70

Quote from: boojangles on December 12, 2008, 06:39:58 PM
Ya bet me to it Cornafean. The best score I ever seen.1992,I was 6 in the old terrace in Breifne when it was just a big sand bank.Damien Reilly kicked 2 of the best points Breifne has ever seen that day.The ball was going out over the end-line but some how he got his left boot to it and flicked it over the bar.It won score of the Championship that year.The other one was to take the lead with time up but then Mairtin Beag popped up with his own classic to force a replay.The rest they say is history!!
Could some of Donegal posters please back it up, cos Im suprised nobody else bar Cavan men have mentioned it.

Great score all right, as was his equalizer after McHugh scored the 55 yard free against the breeze in stoppage time. That was the closest we came to losing that wonderful year - we were definitely lucky to get out of Breffni with a draw.

Tyrones own

Mugsy's goal against the Dubs....Personally the best I've ever witnessed
Maurice Fitz's score from the side line
wee Peter putting the Lid on Armagh in the 2005 semi...Fcuk there was massive pressure on that kick
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

small white mayoman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebIGGboEzyA

Ciaran Mc's 1st point in the 2004 Ai final an absolute beauty about 42's seconds in the clip, one of the few good things that happened that day  :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbcEbvRk4BE

His sideline kick against Dublin wasn't bad either about 40seconds in
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

small white mayoman

All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007