Score of 2008

Started by Joxer, December 11, 2008, 09:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Just watching couple of clips last night from the 2008 championship and there were some great pieces of skill and finishing in this year's championship.  What in your opinion was the best score in 2008?

For me, it was Doohers point against Kerry in the AI Final, it was a brilliant brilliant score!

SidelineKick

Off hand without giving it too much thought I would have to agree with you there, quality altogether!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

amigo

Quote from: Joxer on December 11, 2008, 09:27:31 AM
Just watching couple of clips last night from the 2008 championship and there were some great pieces of skill and finishing in this year's championship.  What in your opinion was the best score in 2008?

For me, it was Doohers point against Kerry in the AI Final, it was a brilliant brilliant score!

Truly one of the greatest scores this decade !!

ONeill

Stand outs for me were:

T Walsh GOAL v Cork
Harte GOAL v Dublin
Lyng GOAL  v Tyrone
Dooher POINT v Kerry
D Walsh GOAL v Galway

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Not much from an Armagh POV. Clarkie kicked a couple of beauties.

Dooher's point was easily the best score of the game I saw.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Joxer on December 11, 2008, 09:27:31 AM

Fantastic point, you will never see a score like it again

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7RhDFwsTE

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

nrico2006

Cavanaghs goal against Dublin and Doohers other point agaisnt Kerry was beautiful too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

full back

Dooher's point was the best score of the year
How the fcuker kept going & had the composure to take the score was unreal

Hardy

Dooher's - one of the top ten ever. It showed a player at the top of his game in ability and confidence. When he took on the defender down the wing, I'd say he was the only one in the stadium who thought he'd beat him. Actually, I'm sure he KNEW he would. He knew he'd have the strength to hold off the tackle and he knew he'd put it over the bar under pressure, from distance, at a tight angle, on the wrong side, with a slicing shot, without having time to steady himself.

I have to mention Joe Sheridan's goal in Carlow, where he dispossessed the Wexford keeper and put it into an empty net. Not a great score, but a remarkable  moment, because it was disallowed for no reason at all other than that Wexford were ten points down and the ref felt sorry for them. What a different year it could have been. Would Tyrone have overcome the Meath hoodoo in Croke Park?

orangeman

Dooher's point was as good as I 've ever seen - two Kerry men came at separate times to try to put big hits on him and somehow he managed to keep on his feet, taking the sting out of both hits and knocking her over the bar. Outstanding.

screenexile

I have to agree Dooher's point against against Kerry was absolutely sublime... I'm surprised there aren't a few more Armagh men on asking if he switched hanbds/tipped with the wrong part of the foot/overcarried the ball like Mulligan did a few years ago!

the Deel Rover

doohers point was truly special he is a hardy fcuker, what height would he be? There were also a lot of great scores in the kerry galway match in truly atrocious conditions
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Onion Bag

Holy f**k screen your right, well spotted  ;)

magpie seanie

Dooher's point was amazing. Was sitting beside one of my mates and we just turned and looked open mouthed at each other before applauding. If you've played the game at any level you've an idea how hard that would be to do at any time or level - never mind when and where he did it.

Onion Bag

There is no score that will match it the year,

sublime