Players finally get their Grants

Started by boojangles, December 10, 2008, 06:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.Schofield

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 11, 2008, 12:40:24 PM
I know plenty of county players and i know as fact that they are not out of pocket, any place they go or have to buy, they are sorted out for it. im not disputing the effort they put in, to be honest dont think i would have the commitment for it (Coupled with my skill levels ;) ) but financially they are never out of pocket,

The grants/expenses or whatver you want to call them is simply "pay for play"

Didnt want to get involved but just because the players you know are never out of pocket it does not mean that others aren't. I know as a fact there are county players out of pocket. 100% fact.

Onion Bag

Are they out of pocket because of their sport?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

M.Schofield

Yeah soley due to representing their county.  Its not a huge amount and its a small price to pay for the honour. Also I know of many many more club players who are substancially more out of pocket. Its just sweeping statements like no county player is ever out of pocket is what gets to me when I know it simply isn't true.

Bensars

I know as a fact there are club players out of pocket. 100% fact.
I know as a fact there are club officals out of pocket. 100% fact.

Are these individuals less worthy of any recognition, as someone sits up in the house on the hill, eating their high protein meal, washed down with a rehydration product before they go for their massage ? ::)

southoftheborder

GPA - pay for play, reimbursing playing expenses, call it what you want, but my mate is taking 3 of us out of the office on the rip the day he gets his grant, so yeeeeeeeeehaaa

antoinse

May I say I'm delighted for the lads getting some small token for all the hours put in, lost overtime,lost social life etc abuse from so called fans, bad mouthing by backwoods officials etc etc
[/quote]

Speak for yourself

Bensars

Quote from: southoftheborder on December 11, 2008, 02:43:17 PM
GPA - pay for play, reimbursing playing expenses, call it what you want, but my mate is taking 3 of us out of the office on the rip the day he gets his grant, so yeeeeeeeeehaaa

Did noone tell you SOTB it performance related. If your mate is a Derry man like yourself, he wont have an awful lot to be throwing it around him.

Quote from: southoftheborder on December 11, 2008, 11:59:46 AM
agree with county player the hole way,

I work with a county player, during the months of jan/feb/march/april and may he is on a high protein diet, pure chicken.steak fish 3/4 times aday, now this costs an awful lot more than my paltry ham sandwich

do we begrudge these guys reimbursements of this expenses - he also pays out almost 55quid a month on vitamins!!!

Just makes a mockery of your previous statement and the hardship of being an inter county footballer !

Onion Bag

Quote from: M.Schofield on December 11, 2008, 02:29:38 PM
Yeah soley due to representing their county.  Its not a huge amount and its a small price to pay for the honour. Also I know of many many more club players who are substancially more out of pocket. Its just sweeping statements like no county player is ever out of pocket is what gets to me when I know it simply isn't true.

Club players are unfortunetly different and are not getting grants/expenses,

County players should not be out of pocket fact, their county board should be able to sort them out with whatever they need,

southoftheborder

Quote from: Bensars on December 11, 2008, 02:51:55 PM
Quote from: southoftheborder on December 11, 2008, 02:43:17 PM

Did noone tell you SOTB it performance related. If your mate is a Derry man like yourself, he wont have an awful lot to be throwing it around him.

Quote from: southoftheborder on December 11, 2008, 11:59:46 AM
agree with county player the hole way,

I work with a county player, during the months of jan/feb/march/april and may he is on a high protein diet, pure chicken.steak fish 3/4 times aday, now this costs an awful lot more than my paltry ham sandwich

do we begrudge these guys reimbursements of this expenses - he also pays out almost 55quid a month on vitamins!!!

Just makes a mockery of your previous statement and the hardship of being an inter county footballer !

A tell u wot, if u cant get wrote off on euro 1450, there is somthing rong pal!!!

GPA the hole way

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

County Player

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 11, 2008, 12:13:06 PM
These grants are payment for playing gaelic games.

The government's vouchered expenses scheme certainly isn't though!

On a general theme, is ths board usually this kneejerk and unsubstantiating its opinions?

corn02

Quote from: County Player on December 11, 2008, 04:12:28 PM

On a general theme, is ths board usually this kneejerk and unsubstantiating its opinions?

Yes, yes it is.

Onion Bag

Quote from: County Player on December 11, 2008, 04:12:28 PM

Tell us then what the Vouchered Expenses scheme entails?

County Player

Quantifiable and approved expenses above and beyond those paid by the county boards. These are expenses incurred through the year that cannot be claimed back and are inspected and signed off on by each individual county board. the government will then reimburse these expenses up to a particular ceiling depending on how far you progressed in the championship.

Onion Bag

Quote from: County Player on December 11, 2008, 04:40:04 PM

Quantifiable and approved expenses above and beyond those paid by the county boards. These are expenses incurred through the year that cannot be claimed back and are inspected and signed off on by each individual county board. the government will then reimburse these expenses up to a particular ceiling depending on how far you progressed in the championship.

Give us some examples of expenses that the county boards dont cover for the players