Smoking

Started by T O Hare, December 10, 2008, 04:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 10, 2008, 04:56:58 PM
I take notions, but its when im out for a pint nearly everyone im with is out and i am out puffing away like a train, and then you wake up the next morning feeling like shit and there is a few in the packet and i might have a wee sneaky one that evening, but i would really love to knock it on the head but it is harder than i expected. Is anyone here a former smoker? need tips on how to knock the dirty habit on the head

I downloaded a copy of Paul McKenna's hypnosis cd on quitting smoking.  I could get you a copy if ye want.  I dunno how good it is though cuz I haven't tried it yet.  gonna wait til the new year then get stuck into it

Gaffer

Smoked 20 a day for 20 years and gave them up at the start of 2000. 

Theres not a day goes by that I dont say to myself..........."WELL DONE! YOUR FUTURE SHOULD BE ALOT MORE HEALTHY NOW"

At night when people go outside for a smoke they come in and they are ABSOLUTELY STINKIN'.

You dont say it to them though...you just think it.

And when they sit down and talk to you about something , the only thing you are thinking is "IF ONLY YOU REALISED HOW SMELLY YOU ARE RIGHT NOW"

And something else............... "CHEWING GUM DOES NOT HIDE THE SMELL! !!!"
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

el_cuervo_fc

I do some mouthin to people in work about them, it's the oul high horse scenario.  I'll get a right bit of abuse on friday at the staff do no doubt when I'm in the smoking area every 5 minutes

the green man

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 10, 2008, 05:07:09 PM
Quote from: the green man on December 10, 2008, 04:53:11 PM
Passion?

Think so, was quite drunk.  Massive club???

That'd be it. Went on a stag there myself. Huge smoking area with sofas and stuff. If I mind there were more out there, than was in the place

armaghniac

Is there a smoker in existence that doesn't just throw their butts on the ground littering up the place? Even at a funeral they just throw the butts on a neighbouring grave.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gaffer

Quote from: armaghniac on December 10, 2008, 09:15:47 PM
Is there a smoker in existence that doesn't just throw their butts on the ground littering up the place? Even at a funeral they just throw the butts on a neighbouring grave.

Thats another thing. Some Smokers have their last fag for 45 mins or so before Mass begins so they smoke right up to the door of the chapel, throw it at their feet and walk into the chapel surrounded by a disgusting pong and  God help all those who are sitting near where the smoker chooses to sit. They have to smell the disgusting smell untii t eventually clears up by about Communion time
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

The Gs Man

Not much cooler than this wee dude:

Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ludermor

Ziggy...........are you sure that the top pic is a lung?

cville

That looks like yer man Bobbit's c**k!!! or the last sausage in the Moy Park Factory ... Smoking .. 1st time packed in cigarettes after New Years 2000.. went to a hypnotist and it was the best 60 quid ever spent. However, the urge is always there and in 2005, went to Barcelona and started on the Cafe Creme small cigars while sitting at night with a beer - sheer relaxation it was (inhaling like a mad man too) .. Then of course through time ... 10 Cafe Cremes a day - beer or no beer .. went to the All Ireland HF in 2007 and had a real skinful in Dublin - woke up with a serious hangover and decided to stop the cigars then .. still fine .. but the urge is there ... I think though that the mind is stronger - and getting even more stronger .. But I feel that it was harder to give up the second time than the first .. some part of the brain just loves a smoke .. just keeping it at bay is the big battle.... wish I never started though..

ardal

Quote from: Gaffer on December 10, 2008, 09:26:32 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 10, 2008, 09:15:47 PM

Thats another thing. Some Smokers have their last fag for 45 mins or so before Mass begins so they smoke right up to the door of the chapel, throw it at their feet and walk into the chapel surrounded by a disgusting pong and  God help all those who are sitting near where the smoker chooses to sit. They have to smell the disgusting smell untii t eventually clears up by about Communion time

Sorry but as a smoker, I object to your body odour, alcohol breath and rather dodgy aftershave. Additionally a silent fart isn't a fresh one.

But getting back on track. Took up smoking when I was 21, gave up in a big way when I was 27, gave up again when I was 30, read Carr's' book and gave up again for another 2 years, now I'm on 30 a day. The best thing about Carr's' book isn't the contents, but if you tell yourself that you'll have to read the book again if you smoke, this should put you on the right track (christ it's a boring book).  As for nonsmokers except at weekends or when they have a drink, my question for yea is "when are the darwin awards?"

Onion Bag

Quote from: thebandit on December 10, 2008, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on December 10, 2008, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on December 10, 2008, 04:37:59 PM
The craic is always great in the smoking room!!!! another question on fegs.. why are regal filter only sold in the North!!!

You can get them in Blaney

That doesn't mean that they are southern  ;)

No, but it does mean that they can be bought in the south
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

DrinkingHarp

Disgusting habit, the smell, the smoke and a ladies deep/gravel voice after smoking for a couple of years.

Had a job once that allowed people to go out on smoke breaks for 5 minutes every hour, I tried to take a nonsmoking break and was almost crucified beacause I wasn't a smoker  ::).

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

cavan4ever

Im going to the doctor after xmas to go on them tablets.  There not supposed to be great for you but i know a few people that have quit by going on them.