Smoking

Started by T O Hare, December 10, 2008, 04:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

I take notions, but its when im out for a pint nearly everyone im with is out and i am out puffing away like a train, and then you wake up the next morning feeling like shit and there is a few in the packet and i might have a wee sneaky one that evening, but i would really love to knock it on the head but it is harder than i expected. Is anyone here a former smoker? need tips on how to knock the dirty habit on the head
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onion Bag

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on December 10, 2008, 04:56:01 PM
Read a book about giving up the smokes a couple of Xmas' ago, did the trick.  Allan Carrs easy way to quit smoking or something like that.

Cheers lad, might look it up, how many a day were you on
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 10, 2008, 04:53:53 PM
Oh and another thing,there is nothing worse than going for a pint with a mate/s who smokes,every ten mintues they are out having a fag and your left all on own at the bar looking like a loner  :'(

there is one thing worse LL its when you arrange to meet two lads at a bar and the feckers don't even turn up to meet you the cheeky feckers  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

SidelineKick

Quote from: the green man on December 10, 2008, 04:53:11 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on December 10, 2008, 04:41:30 PM
Correct!! Went to Carrick-on-Shannon a year or 2 ago and never even went into the nite club we were at.  Craic was mighty outside!

Passion?

Think so, was quite drunk.  Massive club???
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 10, 2008, 04:57:48 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on December 10, 2008, 04:56:01 PM
Read a book about giving up the smokes a couple of Xmas' ago, did the trick.  Allan Carrs easy way to quit smoking or something like that.

Cheers lad, might look it up, how many a day were you on

http://www.allencarrseasyway.com/

only I was given the book...  By the time i quit, easily 10 a day, plus more on a night out.
In your Endo!

Yes I Would

Filthy habit..
Never saw the attraction and LL is right,, snogging a girl who smoked was like a kissing an ashtray and an instant turn off.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Yes I Would on December 10, 2008, 05:10:55 PM
Filthy habit..
Never saw the attraction and LL is right,, snogging a girl who smoked was like a kissing an ashtray and an instant turn off.

So the wife-to-be isn't a smoker then!  ;)
In your Endo!

T Fearon

Only smoke when I'm on fire, which is rare enough. Both parents smoked all their lives, one still does, but thankfully I never took this filthy habit up

ONeill

...but the comfort eating is a bummer Tone.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Yes I Would

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on December 10, 2008, 05:12:22 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on December 10, 2008, 05:10:55 PM
Filthy habit..

So the wife-to-be isn't a smoker then!  ;)

Neither is mine!!!!  She wouldnt have got the foot in the door had she been on the cancer sticks!!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 10, 2008, 05:01:06 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 10, 2008, 04:53:53 PM
Oh and another thing,there is nothing worse than going for a pint with a mate/s who smokes,every ten mintues they are out having a fag and your left all on own at the bar looking like a loner  :'(

there is one thing worse LL its when you arrange to meet two lads at a bar and the feckers don't even turn up to meet you the cheeky feckers  ;)

The memories of that night are still raw.... :'(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Most things that are relatively bad for you have a good side to them.

Fatty food - can taste great
Salted foot - can taste great
The next door neighbours wife - can taste great
Pints of stout - are great.

Whats the lure of a ciggarette?

My old man smoked for years. Then he stopped on his own accord. Ended up smoking worse on the cigars until two years ago he met some sports psychologist out of dungannon I think (The man worked with Darren Clarke and the IRFU). Dad hasnt touched a smoke since.

thebandit

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 10, 2008, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on December 10, 2008, 04:37:59 PM
The craic is always great in the smoking room!!!! another question on fegs.. why are regal filter only sold in the North!!!

You can get them in Blaney

That doesn't mean that they are southern  ;)

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

The Iceman

friggin hate them - never tried one in my life I'm happy to say but worked in bars and passive smoked enough to give anyone a heart attack.  I would be working a Friday night in the Plough and of the 20 clients in the bar you'd be lucky to find a non smoker. I mind steam cleaning the walls once and the tar was running yellow off the walls
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight