Football Trivia quiz

Started by Jack Dempsey, January 09, 2007, 11:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Im struggling, any chance of a hint please?
is it a translation of a non Brit players name?
Its Grim up North

Mayo4Sam

No it is a players name as we know him boby part in first name and clothing in surname & he's english
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

laoislad

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 11, 2007, 05:10:54 PM
No it is a players name as we know him boby part in first name and clothing in surname & he's english

cant crack this, even cheated by going through squad lists for premiership on sky, nobody has a first name like a body part..
Its Grim up North

The Joker

I think that question about British winners of the European Cup is well off the mark. McManaman, Lambert and Hargreaves are fair enough, but Keegan played in a final for Hamburg and lost, and was at Southampton by the time they won it in 1983. Wilkins never won it, Archibald lost in the final to Steaua Bucharest.
I think the three mentioned might be the only correct answers.

laoislad

Q 30 Which premiership player has won the Premiership/FA Cup/Champions League/Uefa cup

An Fear Rua

Quote from: laoislad on January 11, 2007, 05:32:02 PM
Q 30 Which premiership player has won the Premiership/FA Cup/Champions League/Uefa cup

Denis Berkamp?
Its Grim up North

Square Ball

Quote from: The Joker on January 11, 2007, 05:29:24 PM
I think that question about British winners of the European Cup is well off the mark. McManaman, Lambert and Hargreaves are fair enough, but Keegan played in a final for Hamburg and lost, and was at Southampton by the time they won it in 1983. Wilkins never won it, Archibald lost in the final to Steaua Bucharest.
I think the three mentioned might be the only correct answers.

fair doos mate, incorrect by me, took the question from another place and didn't check the authenticity of the information :(

Q 30 So who was the only Ballon d'Or Winner to play in Scotland? Lets hope this one correct
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Square Ball

Nah, only played for

Clubs:

Huddersfield Town (1956–1960)
Manchester City (1960–1961)
Torino (1961–1962)
Manchester United (1962–1973)
Manchester City (1973–1974)

a legend indeed

An Fear Rua

actually 1 position over gives you George Best - played for Hibs
Its Grim up North

Square Ball

Another legend, and correct

Billys Boots

Probably too easy but, what European Footballer of the Year played for Charlton Athletic?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...