The Apprentice on TV3

Started by magickingdom, November 30, 2008, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

pretty good show so far, anyone know what type of mobile phones the contestants are using? seem to have good speakers which i could do with

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magickingdom on November 30, 2008, 11:08:30 PM
pretty good show so far, anyone know what type of mobile phones the contestants are using? seem to have good speakers which i could do with

Sony Ericsson I think
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mayo4Sam

Anyone else watching this?

Delighted Orla got the bullet, a complete weapon.
Didn't think stuart would get road though, thought Bill saw himself, unlucky to go

think Nicky will win, the bit about Brenda knowing too much already will go against

Have to say wasn't looking forward to seeing bill cullen but hes done a great job, can't see what sort of a job he can give for €100k
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mylestheslasher

No doubt inmy mind that the Brenda one will win easy. She is miles better than all the rest of them.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 02, 2008, 11:29:27 AM
No doubt inmy mind that the Brenda one will win easy. She is miles better than all the rest of them.
should do , shes the only one from the 14 that you would consider hiring
however, they seem to be making excuses/cases for that nicky one.
whether its because they like her nice figure or trendy glasses or not , imo she is f**king dire as a potential hire.
The barrack obama of the apprentice programme.
all talk about how she will do and might do, but nothing done of note yet.
in other words a chancing spoofer.

prob a nice person, but thats feck all use when you are looking for a top hire.

is cullen and co starting to feel uneasy about hiring brenda and moving her and her family up to Dublin and being responsible for this , when the job is just for a year, and after that shes gone....and the whole thing is just an ego trip for cullen and does he now start to feel a littel bit responsible for potentially fecking up a family over his ego?

mylestheslasher

I reckon if Brenda wins she'll have no problem picking up another job when Cullen is finished with her. I think she is a very strong project leader and I'd hire her myself if I needed someone like that to work for me. Moving the family is her decision in the end of the day.

thebandit

Not a hope in hell would I ever hire Nicky.

I would though ;)

Mayo4Sam

I'd say Stuart will have no bother after the assasin salesman talk last nite, worldclass they called him, couldn;t really get a better recommendation than that

Brenda would get plenty of work as well, for more than the 100k Bill is offering, by far the better candidate but still think nicky will get the nod

Mayo4Sam

Thought Nicky had this up until the very loast minutes but as was said even on a bad day Brenda still won the challenge

Thought the 2 orlas really let themselves down, esp the blonde bird, didn;t give a toss, serious comparison with stuart and the aussie girl

Bill Cullen was on ray foley yesterday and said quiet a few of them had been offered jobs, presumably by him, stuart had been offered a few jobs

think he got the best in Brenda, just dont know why she'd want to taker the job other than to rpove she could win it

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 09, 2008, 01:53:24 PM
Thought Nicky had this up until the very loast minutes but as was said even on a bad day Brenda still won the challenge

Thought the 2 orlas really let themselves down, esp the blonde bird, didn;t give a toss, serious comparison with stuart and the aussie girl

Bill Cullen was on ray foley yesterday and said quiet a few of them had been offered jobs, presumably by him, stuart had been offered a few jobs

think he got the best in Brenda, just dont know why she'd want to taker the job other than to rpove she could win it

would agree with that.
imo she was a div 1 player, the rest were div 3 at best.
A huge chasm between brenda and the rest , and it isnt age or experience, the rest are braindead posers.

in fact one guy - mention no names- was fired by a telephony company for fraud, incompetance and the rest and then proceeded to follow the hr manager out into the car park to her car, not saying a word , in an attempt to intimidate /frighten her - until she turned around and asked him had he something more to say, to shich he mumbled and ran off.
thats the calibre of people that go for these jobs.

lets face it though, look at bills bird and his henchman - neither of them are up to much , so the candidates prob look decent by comparison.
Bill himself just had a brass neck and was damn lucky. I wouldnt be comparing his 'acumen' to the likes of Dermot desmond or Denis obrien ...etc
Think the english version had far better quality candidates !

Dinny Breen

QuoteI wouldnt be comparing his 'acumen' to the likes of Dermot desmond or Denis obrien ...etc

I'd give you Dermot Desmond but Denis O'Brien!!!!! What acumen part from passing brown envelopes as he got?
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 09, 2008, 02:12:58 PM
QuoteI wouldnt be comparing his 'acumen' to the likes of Dermot desmond or Denis obrien ...etc

I'd give you Dermot Desmond but Denis O'Brien!!!!! What acumen part from passing brown envelopes as he got?
starting businesses from scratch, selling them on and re-starting business again - making even more money, whatever about his ethics and being drawn into the eircom and Irish newspapers arguments - his entrepenurial abilities are fantastic imo
div 1, whereas bill is div 4 in comparison to Obrien and DD.

Dinny Breen

If Lowry hadn't mysteriously given the GSM mobile licence to ESAT would we even be having this converstation?
#newbridgeornowhere

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 09, 2008, 02:35:08 PM
If Lowry hadn't mysteriously given the GSM mobile licence to ESAT would we even be having this converstation?

aye once he got that licence he was on the pigs back does any one know what he did before that?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

behind the wire

In the middle of reading bill cullens book at the moment, didnt really know anything about him before the apprentice started.

is he the sean quinn type or the smurfit type?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest