All Ireland final tickets for 2009 already sorted !!!!!!

Started by orangeman, November 28, 2008, 01:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Shane thats amazing. Is the dinners at your school so under threat from insatiable overeaters that extreme security measures are necessary? Whay next, electronic tagging of all fatties, or gagging their mouths  securely?

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on December 09, 2008, 08:51:23 AM
Shane thats amazing. Is the dinners at your school so under threat from insatiable overeaters that extreme security measures are necessary? Whay next, electronic tagging of all fatties, or gagging their mouths  securely?

I think you are putting a bit of bait out there Tony ;)

This Years Model

Sorry lads, I'm too lazy (busy! I meant busy!) to read all 6 pages. Is this a dual-code scenario, i.e. can you buy one season ticket to cover both codes?
If not (as I suspect), then we might as well just split the organisation into GFA and GHA while we're at it ......

T Fearon

You need a separate ticket for each code. If this system does what it says on the tin, I cannot see any drawbacks. For fans who attend most (ie at least 60%) if not all of their county's NFL and Championship games they are getting reduced price admissions (apart from the provinical and AI Final) and more importantly a guaranteed AI Final ticket if their county reaches this stage.A good deal if you are a supporter of one of the stronger footballing  counties like Armagh and Kerry, and absolute bliss if you're a Kilkenny hurling fan ;D

StGallsGAA

Quotemore importantly a guaranteed AI Final ticket if their county reaches this stage.A good deal if you are a supporter of one of the stronger footballing  counties like Armagh

What would an Armagh fan need with an All-Ireland ticket then?

armaghniac

QuoteWhat would an Armagh fan need with an All-Ireland ticket then?

Boylesports All Ireland Football 2009 03 May 15:00 - To Reach The Final

Armagh    9/1
Antrim    350/1

At least an Armagh fan can expect to make an AI within a decade rather than 4 lifetimes.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Also when Armagh club sides reach All Ireland Finals tehy tend to win them and not choke like St Galls ;D

thehulk!!

the pathetic thing about all of this is that somehow in the gaa there is a belief that if two people have €60 for an all ireland ticket the person who deserves that ticket is for some other reason than hard cash, that im afraid does not work its economically flawed. Might equals right in my book, if person A earns more than person B should they not deserve the ticket more cause they can pay more. the most pathetic thing about the lot is people give off about the above but when a comapny does the exact same there is no problem, as soon as a team reaches an all ireland the local club gets the call that the local company wants 10 tickets if not there will be no sponsorship next year, ive seen it done ive even made the phone call while at college on an internship, no problems and no issue, but if person A gets tickets simply cause they are rich there is hell to pay despite the fact that clubs are auctioning tickets left right and centre to the highest bidder but in true gaa fashion we like to forget our own shortcomings and blame someone else, when the hard fact of the matter remains tickets for an all ireland final should be no less than €200 it makes absolutely no sense to have them any less, its not a charity its a comodity, and as adam smith said the invisible hand always comes into action.

I always get tickets anyways but people will be still harping on about the same old bull all the time suggesting the man who can or wont pay for his ticket is the man most deserving- what total bull   

armaghniac

Quotewhen the hard fact of the matter remains tickets for an all ireland final should be no less than €200

this bit alone makes some sense, charge €200 and an give a discount for people who've already attended a large number of games. If you haven't already put your hand in your pocket during the year then €200 it is.

Maguire01

Quote from: thehulk!! on December 09, 2008, 05:01:03 PM
the hard fact of the matter remains tickets for an all ireland final should be no less than €200 it makes absolutely no sense to have them any less, its not a charity its a comodity
Is it not a charity? Maybe not technically, but it doesn't make a profit for shareholders, rather it makes a surplus to reinvest within the Association.

And charging €200 to a game would be totally against the ethos of the organisation.

Doohicky

Can't believe anyone replies to that guy. He's cleary a WUm and if the forum allowed it he would be on ignore for me.
Just ignore him and don't reply to anything he says. He'll get bored eventually.

Maguire01

Purchased my ticket this evening! I'll be up by the end of the league - i had planned to go to all 7 games already.

armaghniac

according to the paper today, Dublin football season tickets are sold out and Tyrone football and Kilkenny hurling are well on the way to selling out. This is logical enough as Dublin tickets will always be in short supply and teams likely to reach the final are going to sell more of these season tickets.

T Fearon

Yeah, I cant see too many being shifted in Kilkenny (for football). Surprised Tyrone the greatest GAA county in the world hasn't shifted their allocation yet.

Doohicky

Quote from: T Fearon on December 10, 2008, 12:04:39 PM
Yeah, I cant see too many being shifted in Kilkenny (for football). Surprised Tyrone the greatest GAA county in the world hasn't shifted their allocation yet.

Was wondering the same thing about Armagh with their 'Greatest fans in the world' They aren't even close to selling out.