Anthony Daly - The new Dublin hurling manager

Started by The Wedger, November 24, 2008, 09:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

Fair dos indeed a great second half fightback according to the radio. With Clare to come at Parnell Park you could well end on eight points although trips to Kilkenny and Tipp will be tough

INDIANA

Thanks lads haven't a hope against kilkenny, we'll struggle against Tipp they'll be out for blood after today. I'd be happy if we could beat Clare , push Tipp all the way and keep it to 10-12 points against kilkenny. We have to be realistic as well. We're still some way off the big 3.

Lecale2

orangeman

What an absolutely tremendous result for Dublin today against the Deise ! And to think that Dublin should have also taken the points against Limerick as well.

Congratulations lads - keep it up. Great to see a renewed force.

Ash Smoker

Davy Fitz's decision to keep Waterford up til the early hours at the Bernard Dunne fight looks foolish now!

Galwaybhoy

Great result for Dublin.  Id say what should have been their first target of Division 1 safety has now been met, and while a league final may be too much to ask for, one more win from the last three games would make it a successful league campaign for ye.  Its amazing to think had ye beaten Limerick, (and ye very well could have) Dublin would now be top of Division 1.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: INDIANA on March 13, 2009, 09:28:25 AM
Just to say history was made in parnell yesterday when 2 dublin schools contested the final of the leinster senior B colleges hurling championship yesterday with Colaiste Eoin winning and going forward to the all-ireland semi. To put this in context up to 5 years ago Dublin schools couldn't win a first round tie in this competition. I think its the first time in this comepititon that 2 schools from the same county contested the final

God Damn them Colaiste Eoin guys...the bane of my life while in Colaiste Eanna at hurling and obviously still doing it to us!!!!

youngfella

Pull hard and early

Bud Wiser

Dubs win yesterday is great for Leinster hurling.  Best result of all results yesterday.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Canalman

Heard Coláiste Eoin won the AISF against a Galway team and now face an Antrim team in the final (who beat the Munster champs).

As for PP yesterday, it was a good win for us ...... truth be told it was a poor game of hurling with 3 "fresh air " attempts by Waterford in the first 5 minutes.....incredible.
After a poor start Ronan Fallon had a great 2nd half and the new Waterford keeper was sensational....... I think I saw the genesis of a future legend there.
The Waterford "warm up" was cringeworthy in the extreme ........ a mass huddle of lads "shouldering" each other (very gently I should add) and comicallythen  the Waterford lads slapping their bodies while in a circle.

Best for Dublin were Hiney, Boland (my motm), Trainor (after a nightmarish start) and McCrabbe amongst others.

Both Ryan and Rushe were quiet enough.

slow corner back

Answers the question I had asked on the antrim hurling page, CPC frpm Ballycastle beat a Limerick team yesterday and wil now face Colaiste Eoin in the final. Any ideas of dates or venues?

milltown row

Dublin must be short priced to beat Antrim in the championship. i'd say 13/8 double with the footballers.

will dublin now get the Killmacud boys back? shame some of the other footballers didn't way in behind Daly. would be some team

Two Hands FFS

Would Dublin be missing many players who haven't committed to the hurling...through Football/other reasons?? Unfortunately I think they are going to defeat Antrim come the championship but a Dublin team going well would be good for Hurling.

INDIANA

Quote from: slow corner back on March 23, 2009, 07:24:13 PM
Answers the question I had asked on the antrim hurling page, CPC frpm Ballycastle beat a Limerick team yesterday and wil now face Colaiste Eoin in the final. Any ideas of dates or venues?

Newry I believe 70% chance.

orangeman

Ok there are still 3 games to go but who could have predicted this table at the start of the league ??

Allianz GAA Hurling National League Roinn 1 Table
Team   Pld   Won   Draw   Lost   For   Against   Diff   Points
Kilkenny   4   3   0   1   89   64   25   6
Dublin   4   3   0   1   80   60   20   6
Tipperary   4   3   0   1   78   72   6   6
Waterford   4   2   0   2   72   66   6   4
Limerick   4   2   0   2   65   65   0   4
Galway   4   2   0   2   72   79   -7   4
Cork   4   1   0   3   60   91   -31   2
Clare   4   0   0   4   66   85   -19   0