November 2008 GAA Transfers

Started by highking, November 22, 2008, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highking

November 2008 GAA Transfers

Ainm                                         From                              To

Seán   Ó Riain                   An Clár   Kilmaley       London             Robert Emmetts

Colm   Mac an Ucaire       Ciarraí   Dr. Crokes       London             Parnells

Dáibhéid   Ó Corráin                   An Dún   Downpatrick   London             Parnells

Pádraig   Poirtéir                   New York   Four Province  Dún na nGall    St. Mary's, Convoy

Daithí   De Priondragás     Port Láirge   Kilrossanty        London            Tara

Seán   Ó Caoimleian     Corcaigh   Charleville        London            Parnells

Tadhg   Ó Callacháin     Corcaigh   Charleville        London            Parnells

Michéal   Ó Croinín                   Ciarraí   Lixnaw        London            St. Gabriels

Eoin   Ó Coimín                   Port Láirge   Ballyduff Upper London            Tara

Briain   Ó Foghlú                   Corcaigh   Charleville         London         Parnells

Seán   Ó Tiarnaigh                   Cabhán   Knockbride         London         Parnells

Seán   Mac an Ghaill   Tipp   Inane Rovers   An Iarmhi       Athlone

Pól    Mac Fhinn                   Maigh Eo   Westport        B.Á.C            Parnells

Máirtín   Ó Cinnéide                   London   St. Brendans    B.Á.C            St. Vincents

Seosamh   Mac Giolla Chomhaill   Mongahan  Harps        Corcaigh         St. Finbars

Daithí   Mac Amhalaí   An Dún   Downpatrick    London             Parnells

Seán   Mac Oireachtaigh   An Mhí   St. Brigids        London             Tír Chonaill Gaels

Dónal   Ó Madaigh                   Sligeach   Tubbercurry    London             Fulham Irish

Alan   Ó Muirí                   An Dun   Saval        London             Parnells

Pádraig   Ó Riain                   New York   Kerry        Ciarraí             Castlegregory

Aodhán   De Grás                   Luimneach   Murroe-Boher   Gaillimh             Salthill-Knocknacarra

Conchúr   Mac Craith                   Corcaigh   Russell Rovers   Yorkshire        Hugh O'Neills

Cormac   Mac Eochaidh   Armagh   Lissumon         Yorkshire        Hugh O'Neills

Riain   Ó Gruabháin   Armagh   Tír na nÓg         Yorkshire        Hugh O'Neills

Ronán   Ó Lachtnáin   Maigh Eo   Burrishoole         An Iarmhí       Coralstown-Kilbeggan

Im sure youve all noticed the mass exodus of players going out abroad - mostly transferring to London at the moment. Would I be right in saying that London should have fairly strong GAA sides next year? I know Gary McCloskey from Leitrim transferred in June. Is there any other IC players that may feature next year for London? To view all transfers, go to archives in the GAA website..

Our Nail Loney

Owen Henry, ex Down Minor captain and senior panellist moved to London last year...

SLIGONIAN

Tom Parsons is tranferring back to his home club and county CURRY and SLIGO. ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

umgolaarmagh

Parnells seemed to be doing alot of recruiting

standard of football in London this year was the best i have seen.

magpie seanie

Daniel Maye from Tubber gone to London? That's a bit of a blow to the county U-21 panel.

gander

When do the transfers have to be complete by or can they be done anytime?

magpie seanie

Inter-county transfers can be done at any time. Transfers within a county are subject to a county's own rules.

45GoneShort

Quote from: highking on November 22, 2008, 09:51:32 PM
I know Gary McCloskey from Leitrim transferred in June. Is there any other IC players that may feature next year for London? To view all transfers, go to archives in the GAA website..

McCluskey will be lining out for Leitrim next year, think there could be a Ciaran McManus arrangement being setup where by he'll travel home at weekends for games.

Your definitely on to something here though - as IMO the following few months could be the busiest in years for transfers.  With all the talk about losing players to Aussie Rules should we not be more worried about losing players to emigration?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: 45GoneShort on November 24, 2008, 04:27:05 PM
Quote from: highking on November 22, 2008, 09:51:32 PM
I know Gary McCloskey from Leitrim transferred in June. Is there any other IC players that may feature next year for London? To view all transfers, go to archives in the GAA website..

McCluskey will be lining out for Leitrim next year, think there could be a Ciaran McManus arrangement being setup where by he'll travel home at weekends for games.

Your definitely on to something here though - as IMO the following few months could be the busiest in years for transfers.  With all the talk about losing players to Aussie Rules should we not be more worried about losing players to emigration?

Certainly emigration will be a much bigger problem for the clubs. Not sure what the GAA can really do about it though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

45GoneShort

I don't know exactly what can be done - but it definitely needs to be looked at, anything that is done won't happen overnight. I don't want to mention the payment of players as this apparently  ;) goes against everything the GAA stands for etc. But there are ways around this for instance the beefing up of expense payments, tax breaks, these could be brought in and thus technically the players would still be amateur.

cavan4ever

Quote from: 45GoneShort on November 24, 2008, 05:02:34 PM
I don't know exactly what can be done - but it definitely needs to be looked at, anything that is done won't happen overnight. I don't want to mention the payment of players as this apparently  ;) goes against everything the GAA stands for etc. But there are ways around this for instance the beefing up of expense payments, tax breaks, these could be brought in and thus technically the players would still be amateur.

Players are leaving because work is thin on the ground in this country, GAA can't do much about that but players leaving to find work is going to be a bigger problem for clubs and county teams than a couple of lads heading to Australia every year to try Aussie Rules.

Parnells seem to nearly have a full team transfer to them in one month.

haranguerer

Any chance someone could give me the lowdown on the whole transfer process - would a transferee approach club joining first or let old club know they're leaving and all that palaver...how long does it take too, and what happens if club doesnt agree?

INDIANA

no-one 's club isn't going to agree to them moving to london for work purposes.

haranguerer

I agree, but its nothing to do with my question.

I'm just trying to find out the ins and outs of an intercounty transfer. I'm sure I could check the rulebook etc, but if anyone could tell me what happens in practice, in simple language, it would be a lot more helpful!