Started by FermPundit, November 21, 2008, 09:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermPundit

Does anyone know when 24 is returning to Sky One?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Fun Bobby

10.00pm on Monday 24/11/08 for a 2 hour special. Class :)

stevo-08

unfortunately, i've never really got to watch 24, only an episode here and there. But i've just downloaded the first 3 seasons and have just watched episode 1, season 1.

What season is 24 on now, no doubt I've a lot of viewing ahead of me to catch up....

FermPundit

24 is now at Season 7.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

nrico2006

Stevo, I never watched them until 3 years ago and my mate lent me a series around xmas and I watched it and subsequently bought the rest - best show I have ever watched.  Worth getting the boxed set.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stevo-08

thanks for the advice nrico. will definitely be watch the first couple of seasons between now and christmas.

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 24, 2008, 09:45:53 AM
best show I have ever watched. 
thats some statement. I've alot of entertaining viewing ahead of me, if thats the case. Great stuff  ;D

the colonel

without doubt the best show of its kind, what makes it so good is that anything can happen.
only stared watching it 3 yrs ago as well. took over my life to the point of me and some mates would finish a series and go to a 24hr asda to get the next box set at 4am just to start the next season. once you start you can't stop. i think my brother watched 6 series in around 3 months if even.

there was a day 6 marathon on sky 2 at the weekend, was class, just got me fired up for tonite!!

jack bauer- the only man that could kill chuck norris
the difference between success and failure is energy

Gabriel_Hurl

The 2 hour special that was on here last night - is a one-off thing

Season 7 doesn't start until January

nrico2006

The movie is only really something to fill the gap between the last series and this one coming up.  The new series is the one with Tony back from the dead and JB before a senate hearing.

They are addictive and when I was watching them it was difficult to stop watching at night as there would have been a cliff-hanger or twist at the end of every episode.  I lent the first 2/3 series to a girl in work and she actually asked me to give her no more as it got so addictive that her and her fella just went home, pulled the curtains and watched them until 12 or 1.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

maxpower

loved them, only started watching the box sets a few years ago and couldn't stop them.  definately the best way to watch them

how else can you get them if you don't have Sky1
What happens next????

stevo-08

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 24, 2008, 01:23:00 PM
The 2 hour special that was on here last night - is a one-off thing

Season 7 doesn't start until January
Thats a relief - so I have a month and a half to watch all 6 seasons and get up to speed.

Quote from: maxpower on November 24, 2008, 02:12:55 PM
how else can you get them if you don't have Sky1
Download them. And for a popular show like 24, there should be some good quality downloads available within days of its viewing on TV.

nrico2006

I have just got rid of Sky 1 so will miss tonights show but I learnt a lesson watching the last series - wait for the boxed set.  It was nowhere near as good watching 40 minutes a week, wait for the DVDs and have a week or two of bliss!

the colonel

yeah, watching the box set was the only way i have done it, although i have sky + i wont miss an episode, i just dont think it will be the same, but i cant wait any longer for season 7 so, im gonna watch it every week

the colonel

what did everyone think of last nite's show? wasn't as gripping as i hoped but sets things up nicely for day 7

Fun Bobby

Have to say i was a bit disappointed last night, although there is only so much mayhem jack can cause with 5 sticks of dynamite and a spud gun, but i agree sets things up nicely for Jan 7th