All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Cushendall have a realistic chance in the race for runners up spot to either Ballyhale or Portumna. having watched two of De La Salle's games so far they seem a fair bit behind the great Munster club teams from previous years. the Cushendall players should feel confident before the semi-final they aren't facing Portumna or Ballyhale, that should be enough incentive for them

INDIANA

the pick of the two teams unfortunately will be tanked in the final. simply havn't a prayer. Adare were 7/8 points a better team than de la salle. they just made a balls of it. Not taking anything away from either but its a thankless task for either team in the final.both portumna and ballyhale would beat all county sides bar kilkenny/tipp and a well run cork team.

youngfella

Quote from: INDIANA on December 04, 2008, 03:02:32 PM
both portumna and ballyhale would beat all county sides bar kilkenny/tipp and a well run cork team.

Pushing it a bit there i think
Pull hard and early

milltown row

Quote from: youngfella on December 11, 2008, 03:05:05 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 04, 2008, 03:02:32 PM
both portumna and ballyhale would beat all county sides bar kilkenny/tipp and a well run cork team.

Pushing it a bit there i think

i think what he is stating youngfella is that come 22nd feb these teams will be a match for most county teams.

INDIANA

thats precisely what i meant milltown, i think they'd beat all county sides on the 22nd feb, at that stage of the year. god help either de la salle or cushendall in the final. And I'm not taking the piss, these are 2 extraordinary teams never seen before in a club context with the exception of birr.

milltown row

aye looking forward to seeing them play. i'll be at Parnell though on the 22nd to watch Cushendall. the day Salthill beat us at Croke Portumna went about their business in destroying Newtownshandrum. 2/1 is a great price for a quality team

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: INDIANA on December 04, 2008, 03:02:32 PMboth portumna and ballyhale would beat all county sides bar kilkenny/tipp and a well run cork team.
Portumna aren't exactly filling up the Galway team with players and Ballyhale haven't steamrolled all comers in Leinster to suggest they would beat many county teams.
The gap between club and county level is big.
In cahlleneg matches, county teams at half strength and doing heavy winter training tend to beat club teams in the advanced stages of All Ireland preparations.
By July the top 10 county sides would murder the best club sides.

INDIANA

No county side would murder Ballyhale mate at any time of the year. They might beat them but outside the top5 i doubt the rest would beat them at any time of the year, just look at the teamsheet. Cha, the shefflins, the reids, the fennellys. they are doing just enough at the moment.

milltown row

Quote from: INDIANA on December 18, 2008, 01:33:05 AM
No county side would murder Ballyhale mate at any time of the year. They might beat them but outside the top5 i doubt the rest would beat them at any time of the year, just look at the teamsheet. Cha, the shefflins, the reids, the fennellys. they are doing just enough at the moment.

aye but none of them will be marking Canning, he is a machine. brilliant to watch last year, club county and college. if they look after him (double team him) then Hayes can kill most teams. should be a cracker

Silky

Portumna V Ballyhale will be a cracker alright. Lookin forward to it already. I have a feeling Portumna can do it. Are Ballyhale favorites with the bookies?

youbetterbelieveit

You would expect ballyhale to be favourites, considering the amount of County players at there disposal and that they are the Kilkenny representatives,
Should be a great game, Joe Canning the young pretender taking on King Henry!! mouth-watering!!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on December 19, 2008, 03:26:59 PM
You would expect ballyhale to be favourites, considering the amount of County players at there disposal and that they are the Kilkenny representatives,

Portumna are 2 time champions already though remember. They are hardly mugs themselves.

youbetterbelieveit

Just for you hatchetfield you are more the welcome to discuss intermediate and Junior all ireland semis, the title of the thread doesnt mention anything about it been only senior hurling club discussion.

AIB GAA CLUB ALL-IRELAND FIXTURES

HURLING

Senior

Feb 22:
Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) v Portumna (Galway), Thurles                     Verdict: Ballyhale

Cushendall (Antrim) v De La Salle (Waterford), Parnell Park, 2.30.               Verdict: DLS

Mar 17: Final, Croke Park.

Intermediate

Jan 25:
Semi-finals: Cappataggle (Galway) v Kilmessan (Meath), Athleague, 2.30       Verdict: Cappataggle

Blarney (Cork) v Gortnamona (Antrim), Tullamore, 2.30.                             Verdict: Gort na Mona     

Feb 15: Final, Croke Park, 3.45.

Junior

Next Saturday:
Quarter-final: Skehana (Galway) v John Mitchells (Warwickshire),                  Verdict: John Mitchells
Ballinasloe, 2.30

Jan 25:
Semi-finals: Tullogher Rosbercon (Kilkenny) v Skehana or John Mitchells,        Verdict: Tullogher Rosbercon
Nenagh, 2.00

Dripsey (Cork) v Lisbellaw (Fermanagh), Ballinasloe, 2.30.                             Verdict: Dripsey

Feb 15: Final, Croke Park, 2.0

youbetterbelieveit

Regarding Cappataggle of Galway, I would be friendly with probably their star man, Galway intercounty player Damien Joyce and they have James Skehill current galway goalkeeper aswell in their ranks (although he is doubtful after a recent injury). They wouldnt be long down out of senior so i fancy them to go all the way.

youbetterbelieveit