All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Blarney have played very well so far but it's like a new competition now with the Christmas break and there is no underestimating Gort na Mona I can assure you! As for Cappataggle, they are missing James Skehill a massive loss altogether! He is like goalie and fullback in one and   I would shorten the odds on Kilmessan on  creating a shock here! The competition is great, imagine Dripsey a club that is only 4 years old going all the way to Croke Park after winning the co junior final  for the first time? Great stuff!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on January 16, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Regarding Cappataggle of Galway, I would be friendly with probably their star man, Galway intercounty player Damien Joyce and they have James Skehill current galway goalkeeper aswell in their ranks (although he is doubtful after a recent injury). They wouldnt be long down out of senior so i fancy them to go all the way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the first time they've won the Intermediate in about 40 years???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: hatchetfield on January 19, 2009, 10:01:31 AM
Is this Cappataggle your on about?

Dunno if that's directed at me but yes if it is... They played the final in November.

Croí na hÉireann

Would love to see Portumna do it but have a sneaky feeling Ballyhale will win by a couple, should be a classic regardless...

Croí na hÉireann

Something tells me they won it in the 70's but where on earth could u check it? Certainly not on GAA.ie anyway...

GalwayBayBoy

Croí na hÉireann

Should have thought of wiki  :-[ good man GBB. Didn't realise Ballyhale had 4 AIs already, win the semi and they'll surely be out on their own. Clare clubs had some run in Munster from 95 to 2001, shame they never built on that...

milltown row

a few big lads on the Blarney team, but the wee fullforward may trouble Gorts fullback.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jn5Tteh_eM&feature=related

looked a cracking game

Gabriel_Hurl

Some good news for Cork Hurlers for once with both Cork clubs winning this past weekend.

That's some accomplishment for Dripsey

Treasurer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 17, 2009, 05:48:09 PM

That's some accomplishment for Dripsey

Sure is, for a club formed only four years ago.  Tullogher very disappointed.

Reillers

Delighted for Dripsey, fantastic result especially for such a young club, and brilliant result for Blarney as well. Both got a deserving homecoming.

Silky

The Portumna/Ballyhale game will be a craker on Sunday. I take it the game is live on TG4? Very hard to call and I wouldn't rule out a draw.

Is the other game on deferred? I wasn't mighty impressed with DLS in Munster so maybe the Ulster team have a chance of an upset.

imtommygunn

The ulster team...

They have a name silky

theskull1

silky doesn't concern himself too much with strange people who live in strange places, so how is he meant to know these things.  ;)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

we are not strangle people and live in a beautiful place skull!
the difference between success and failure is energy