Cheap flights within the US

Started by upthecrups, November 19, 2008, 05:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthecrups

Am thinking of heading to the US in the summer for my holidays. 
Maybe a week in New York and then onto Vegas or LA for a week.
Virgin are currently doing some good deals for getting to the us but am having trouble finding a good deal to fly internally in the US.

Any of you know of any airlines that do this, ie the US equivalent of Easyjet or Ryanair?
Thanks in advance

ziggysego

Ryanair will soon be doing it for £8.
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ziggysego on November 19, 2008, 05:07:44 PM
Ryanair will soon be doing it for £8.

within the US ziggy

Try Southwest or American Eagle - don't expect much though

Puckoon

southwest: www.iflyswa.com

Alaska airlines

These two would be your best bet. As Gabriel says however, dont expect much.

heganboy

from newark to vegas less than $300 return on continental
$200 on jetblue.com from JFK
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

new devil

You would get flights and 3nights in a good hotel for $500 flying from new york

The Iceman

jet blue is your best bet flown with them now a few times myself and if you book early the flights are cheap - they are the easyjet of america
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

FL/MAYO

www.kayak.com

This site will search most travel sites for you.

J70

Jet Blue (excellent airline in my experience) are partnered with Aer Lingus in that you can book your transatlantic and internal flights using both all in one go. They have Terminals 5 and 6 at JFK now, so they are very convenient for NYC.

Depending on where you are going, you could also try USA3000. Very cheap compared to the others, and just as good service-wise. The closest they're going to NYC at the moment is Philadelphia though (although they might be back in Newark by the time you're planning to visit). Southwest fly out of Islip, which is about an hour out on Long Island. I'm pretty sure they go direct to Vegas.

goal and a point

If you go to expedia.com they normally have good american deals for both hotels and flights