Job application form

Started by youngfella, November 18, 2008, 07:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Im just filling out a App form for a job at william hill, and ive come to the bit i hate most in application form. The blank sections, with the following headings:
E.g. of delivering excellent service to customers

Being an effective team member

Dealing with a difficult situation

interests n hobbies

I have an interview tomorrow and i'd be really glad of some help.
Pull hard and early

Tony Baloney

You might be stuffed as we all know you failed to deal with a difficult situation with your bird and I think it was safe to say you didn't deliver her an excellent service either! ;D

Rav67

Effective team member- make up that you were organising a particular event in a local community festival or charideee event.  Go into a wee bit of detail- you had to ring up some sort of venue, organise volunteers, raffle prizes etc.

Difficult situation- tie in with the above to save making up a new idea.  Volunteers pulled out and you organised cover.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: youngfella on November 18, 2008, 07:04:34 PM
Im just filling out a App form for a job at william hill, and ive come to the bit i hate most in application form. The blank sections, with the following headings:
E.g. of delivering excellent service to customers

Being an effective team member

Dealing with a difficult situation

interests n hobbies

whats the job? cashier?

youngfella

aye mate - They term it customer service assistant tho
Pull hard and early

Our Nail Loney

Glad I didn't have to do one of them, got the job as my boss knows my da!

Make sure in interests and hobbies you put down sport... You prob can't emphasise enough how much you love sport... Especially racing if you do... I will give you some phrases that will get you through...

"f**k didn't Hardy do well at the weekend, rolled back the years"

"Pity about poor ruby, he's a tough cookie though"

"The irish did well on friday, we're a bunch of crafty c***ts aren't we!"

Go down a treat

youngfella

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 18, 2008, 07:35:55 PM
Glad I didn't have to do one of them, got the job as my boss knows my da!

Make sure in interests and hobbies you put down sport... You prob can't emphasise enough how much you love sport... Especially racing if you do... I will give you some phrases that will get you through...

"f**k didn't Hardy do well at the weekend, rolled back the years"

"Pity about poor ruby, he's a tough cookie though"

"The irish did well on friday, we're a bunch of crafty c***ts aren't we!"

Go down a treat

Loving the phases, whats working in the bookies like?
Pull hard and early

Our Nail Loney

Its handy enough job, I like it! only started as some weekend work now I am the f**king manager!!

I like it, I get to watch the racing all day and whatever sport is on plsu its not too hard going

Takes a while getting your bearings, learning the rules etc and the diff ebt types, before I started I thought a yankee was an american person!! And a canadian was... well a canadian person...

magickingdom

Quote from: youngfella on November 18, 2008, 07:04:34 PM
1)E.g. of delivering excellent service to customers

2)Being an effective team member

3)Dealing with a difficult situation

4)interests n hobbies

1) make up some job you had where you had to deal with the public and you did it well. say you love dealing with people (esp annoying f**kers!) and your a people person but also good at detail

2) work well with others, good listener, as your starting say your good at following orders bla bla

3) calm under pressure - i always try to get to the root of a problem then fix it bla bla

4) as nail said you love sport

good luck

Tony Baloney

All that shit is a red herring. If you want the job you need to show them you are honest (you'll be handling cash), hard working (speaks for itself), have common sense (in suprisingly short supply in the job market) and have good attention to detail(again you're handling cash transactions with customers).

Our Nail Loney