The official Xbox360 thread - or the no ONLs' club

Started by corn02, November 13, 2008, 10:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Boys I am thinking of biting the bullet and getting an xbox/ps3 - most of my friends are on xbox, so for llive play and game swapping Im thinking this might be the best bet.

Bear in mind I havnt had a video console since the first nintendo...

Any advice/tips?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on January 13, 2010, 09:10:31 PM
Boys I am thinking of biting the bullet and getting an xbox/ps3 - most of my friends are on xbox, so for llive play and game swapping Im thinking this might be the best bet.

Bear in mind I havnt had a video console since the first nintendo...

Any advice/tips?
give up work and get stuck in

what sort of tips are you looking for
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

What console to buy, what games to get, what accessories to get.

If I get the xbox, which version, the arcade or the elite?

Dakota

I heard there was a xbox 720 coming out next year

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on January 13, 2010, 09:19:27 PM
What console to buy, what games to get, what accessories to get.

If I get the xbox, which version, the arcade or the elite?
I fully recommend xbox elite.  that will let you install the games your playing (meaning the xbox will be silent while you play, wont heat up etc) and will let you download from the xbox marketplace.

What sort of games do you think you'll like? If you like racing I fully recommend forza motorsport and the microsoft steering wheel! 

Puckoon

Nah, no racing. Maybe some action games and sports. As well as a little rock band.

pintsofguinness

well there's plenty of good sports games, fifa, madden NFL, NHL, NBA, tiger woods etc.

"action" is a very wide genre!

Puckoon

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on January 13, 2010, 10:52:33 PM
Shoot em ups, basically.
COD & Bad company (new one out in march probably best to wait for it) have to be on top of the list. People reave about gears of war, halo etc though they're not really my type of game but you might like them (I like to shoot people rather than creature like things).  You should give GTA a go, not sure if you'll like it but it's one of my favourites.

mc_grens

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 13, 2010, 11:01:42 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 13, 2010, 10:52:33 PM
Shoot em ups, basically.
COD & Bad company (new one out in march probably best to wait for it) have to be on top of the list. People reave about gears of war, halo etc though they're not really my type of game but you might like them (I like to shoot people rather than creature like things).  You should give GTA a go, not sure if you'll like it but it's one of my favourites.

:o :o :o

pintsofguinness

what's so shocking about that?  I love to run over people in GTA too.

delboy

Quote from: Mickey Linden on January 12, 2010, 04:13:46 PM
Well lads have had an x box for a while now but have never went on x box live. I was wondering what exactly i need to get for this and how much would it cost? I have wireless broadband in the house.

Get yourself a pair of powerline adpaters (200 Mbps) for about the same money as the offical wireless adapter (40-50 notes), it runs the signal through your electric cables so you don't need to drape ethernet cables about the house, its as fast as the best wireless and you never got a dropped signal (i was tortured with this using wireless).
They are plug and play so you can unplug it and use it for a laptop/desktop (unlike the official wireless connector) if you want or you can buy another one or two to build up the network. Anywhere you have a plug socket you have an internet and networking connection.

They really are the dogs dangles i have my four of them which i use for connecting to the internet and streaming media about the place.

under the bar

Anyone here kno who might fix an xbox 360 for me? 

Power and green light coming on OK but no picture getting to TV.   Hopefully nothing too serious.

118cmal

Could be just the scart lead or the scart connection at the back of the telly that is loose?

Can't see there being anything wrong with the xbox unit itself if the fan is running and lights are coming on.

under the bar

Thought that myself so have ordered a new scart lead to check before I go opening it up.